• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Galaxy Comic Con in Tampa

30 posts in this topic

I had a good time. Met up with Pike and Codemaster (cody.)

Grabbed about a short box worth of stuff. I saw some really good deals.

If this show had one more media guest or big name artist, they would need to reconfigure the existing venue or move to somewhere larger.

My understanding is that we had 600 thru the door, which for a 1st time local 1 day is not too shabby. The room was a decent size, but the promoter let the vendors get a little too free range in the aisles, as we had some choke points where customers had to shimmy sideways to get by. I was set on the wall, the next row was just supposed to be 1 sided, as it was a long narrow room, but those vendors of course sold on both sides, putting free standing 5 shelf racks loaded with toys or whatever where definitely it should have been open aisles for walking space.

I think I was the only one that had any kind of trades/hardcovers, so I did pretty well. There was a great dollar vendor there that had dozens of long boxes, all neatly bagged, boarded, in order, and he had some great deals, and some great crowds around him the entire day. Wish I had been able to hit him early. I didnt hear any vendors complain, inexpensive tables for vendors and low cost tickets for attendees, decent crowd, nice range of material in the room. Nothing to complain about. I am looking forward to setting up at next one.

Did anyone end up picking up those 8 batman adventures 12 that were floating around the floor?

Didn't see any myself, but I did a fair amount of buying, which was surprisingly solid. It probably helped that I didn't see a lot of the usual suspects that I compete with. I'll certainly be back for the one in May.

Joe Peace, a well known 1 man show promoter is the guy that had a box with 13 Batman Adventures 12 in mylar. He was not set up, just looking to trade those books for NM 98's, which is either a bet for NM 98, or against the run up of BA 12.

He told me he had another 12 at his warehouse and those were his weaker copies that he brought to floor to trade off. Knowing Joe for years, I believe him, but it makes me think BA 12 is not as scarce as some may hope.

Pike, if Joe had 8 when you saw him then he managed to trade off a few by then. I saw the 13 and they made me drool a little, but I may have a medical condition when confronted by things like that.