• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: LOT OF 7 CGC COMIC BOOKS INCLUDING STAN LEE AUTOGRAPH, AVENGERS,BATMAN

291 posts in this topic

I believe the thread and sales have been straighten out or at least to my satisfaction.

Hustruck is taking both ASM129/HULK 181 per his pm with letsdeal25

Timmay is taking the CGC books.

not sure why there is still talk of straightening this out.

Yup. I tried to advise him. He didn't listen and now there's an issue in his thread. My newest advice? Learn the rules before selling. Oh wait, that doesn't work now.

I still don't get it. New person here as of yesterday, 1st post here was the the start of this thread, problems from the get go, yet we are still trying to buy his books. :shrug:

I guess none of this matters as long as the cloud of super inticing prices looms overhead ! ;)

^^

Ignore every warning sign and buy the books anyway. :facepalm:

I vote no on placing the seller on the PL if this goes bad. lol

Now has anyone calculated the percentage of copper/modern books in this thread and made sure it even belongs in this forum? You know, the really important stuff?

Yup. I tried to advise him. He didn't listen and now there's an issue in his thread. My newest advice? Learn the rules before selling. Oh wait, that doesn't work now.

I still don't get it. New person here as of yesterday, 1st post here was the the start of this thread, problems from the get go, yet we are still trying to buy his books. :shrug:

I guess none of this matters as long as the cloud of super inticing prices looms overhead ! ;)

^^

I vote no on placing the seller on the PL if this goes bad. lol

Now has anyone calculated the percentage of copper/modern books in this thread and made sure it even belongs in this forum? You know, the really important stuff?

lol

We've seen it before, and we'll see it again. (shrug)

Which is why scammers succeed for decades in this hobby and are sometimes revered. I have little to no sympathy for comic collectors as a whole when it comes to this.

Wanna act like a crackhead? Be prepared to be treated like a crackhead.

WTTB

Which is why scammers succeed for decades in this hobby and are sometimes revered. I have little to no sympathy for comic collectors as a whole when it comes to this.

Psst...hey man, over here! You got an X-Factor #6? I'll give you whatever you want. I'll give you a Texas Chilli Bowl, make you feel like a big man. Don't worry, I'm clean. I always use paypal protection!

Psst...hey man, over here! You got an X-Factor #6? I'll give you whatever you want. I'll give you a Texas Chilli Bowl, make you feel like a big man. Don't worry, I'm clean. I always use paypal protection!

And my plan comes together perfec... I'm sorry good citizen. I am not able to do that.

Ixnay exastay illichay owlbay. :)

Meet me over in the mixed sales thread in 10minutes.Nobody goes in there.

:roflmao:

To this whole thread

What's the big deal? Seems the sales have been supposedly straightened out. And if the OP wasn't legit and the buyer paid with paypal, easy peasy dispute refund. Having $500 tied up for a month wouldn't be a big deal to me.

What's the big deal? Seems the sales have been supposedly straightened out. And if the OP wasn't legit and the buyer paid with paypal, easy peasy dispute refund. Having $500 tied up for a month wouldn't be a big deal to me.
+1

agreed, however it's Friday and nothing else is brewing (yet)

+1

The point is that it encourages scammers to come here and sell because the "community" is too busy stepping over each other to get to the Nigerian Prince waving handfuls of cash.

Which leads to people taking chances, which leads to more people feigning personal responsibility, which leads to more probation discussions, which leads to more butthurt, which leads to more people complaining about the sales area and how bad it is, which leads to more arguments......which leads to more locked threads.............which leads to more poi......... hm

You're right. It's all good. Carry on.

:taptaptap: had to google "Texas chili bowl"

The point is that it encourages scammers to come here and sell because the "community" is too busy stepping over each other to get to the Nigerian Prince waving handfuls of cash.

Which leads to people taking chances, which leads to more people feigning personal responsibility, which leads to more probation discussions, which leads to more butthurt, which leads to more people complaining about the sales area and how bad it is, which leads to more arguments......which leads to more locked threads.............which leads to more poi......... hm

Park,

i cannot speak for anyone else, but if I take a chance like this i do it with the full understanding that it's my risk and fault when things don't pan out.

that being said, your points are valid and I do understand your concern etc for the sales thread.

I will consider that point of view moving forward and not take as many risks down the line. I had not thought about how my decisions impact the overall community and it's true we all have a responsibility when buying/selling here

thank you for pointing that out and your advice is taken. will be more responsible with my takeit's in the future

thanks!

+1

I'm waiting to hear about how the OP made a deal with both parties for the books separately, took off with cash from both of them, and never returned again.

On a serious note, bad move on jsilverjanets part to buy from a new seller argue about wanting the book then back out. I know everyone is looking for the best deal and if your going to take the risk of buying from new sellers at "Nigerian prince" prices those parties should be held to it.