• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Making an offer to an owner on Heritage

10 posts in this topic

Has anybody ever used this service before?

Better yet, has anybody ever been successful?

Does the owner send you the book directly if they accept your offer? Or does it have to go back to Heritage and then to you?

Does the owner send you the book directly if they accept your offer? Or does it have to go back to Heritage and then to you?

I have never been successful. Many of the books are no longer owned by the people getting the offers.

The rest of the time, the sellers seem to want a redonkulous price. I've made very aggressive offers and received stratospheric counter-offers in return.

If you're willing to pay $6K (for example) for a $2K book, you MIGHT be successful.

I honestly think a lot of the "sellers" aren't actually interested in selling but rather just want to satisfy their curiosity about what kind of offers they could get.

I have never been successful. Many of the books are no longer owned by the people getting the offers.

The rest of the time, the sellers seem to want a redonkulous price. I've made very aggressive offers and received stratospheric counter-offers in return.

If you're willing to pay $6K (for example) for a $2K book, you MIGHT be successful.

I honestly think a lot of the "sellers" aren't actually interested in selling but rather just want to satisfy their curiosity about what kind of offers they could get.

Similar to my experience using this feature

I have a book on there that was bought by someone else,then sold to me.There is still a "owner is taking offers" on the book,and let me tell you I have no intention of selling.I tried to tell them that I am in possession of the book,and am not taking offers.They don't care.

I have a book on there that was bought by someone else,then sold to me.There is still a "owner is taking offers" on the book,and let me tell you I have no intention of selling.I tried to tell them that I am in possession of the book,and am not taking offers.They don't care.

You can't adjust that? I am sure you can:

Heritage > MyHeritage >MyCollection >Comics

then right at the top:

What is Make Offer to Owner?

How do I opt-out of offers, or what if I don't own this?

Because of the minimum $40 commission per lot, all items previously sold for under $385 will show as "Not Taking Offers" unless changed by the owner. To activate Make Offer buttons on all of your purchases under $385, click here.

You click the "How do I opt-out of offers, or what if I don't own this?", and it takes you to an area where you can adjust it.

Never gotten a response.

Have made several reasonable and unreasonable offers. In multiple instances when I contacted the site to inquire about the book they let me know that the book was no longer available and they would "get around to pulling it down."

Just checked, two books I contacted them about 5 months ago still up.

Never gotten a response.

Have made several reasonable and unreasonable offers. In multiple instances when I contacted the site to inquire about the book they let me know that the book was no longer available and they would "get around to pulling it down."

Just checked, two books I contacted them about 5 months ago still up.

lol From my experiences with them, they're not exactly good listeners.