• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peanuts in the GA
4 4

127 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2022 at 10:00 AM, Bronty said:

Every time I look at that cover, all I can think about is that from the positioning, that swing is going to clock him in the head!

She's about to square up to bunt. 

This is from 1958, so more Silver Age, but thought GA Peanuts fans might enjoy seeing this.

1StanfordChaparral1s.jpg.569dfcd587a257c120a471fcefbdcc86.jpg

The Stanford University Chaparral Crash Comics Magazine featured this fun Charlie Brown parody cover. I've been watching out for these Stanford Chaparral Crash Comics for many years and this is the only copy I've seen of this issue.

In case you're thinking it's a shotgun wedding cover, here is the fine print at the bottom of the cover:

"Synopsis: Indignant citizen apprehends teenage delinquent in act of stealing basketball from mentally retarded child to whom she has given poisoned jawbreaker, while cleverly disguised law enforcement officer records notes in cleverly disguised Crimestoppers textbook...and as for you, Dear Reader, 'Evil to him who evil thinks.'"

On 1/22/2023 at 10:31 AM, BOOT said:

This is from 1958, so more Silver Age, but thought GA Peanuts fans might enjoy seeing this.

1StanfordChaparral1s.jpg.569dfcd587a257c120a471fcefbdcc86.jpg

The Stanford University Chaparral Crash Comics Magazine featured this fun Charlie Brown parody cover. I've been watching out for these Stanford Chaparral Crash Comics for many years and this is the only copy I've seen of this issue.

In case you're thinking it's a shotgun wedding cover, here is the fine print at the bottom of the cover:

"Synopsis: Indignant citizen apprehends teenage delinquent in act of stealing basketball from mentally retarded child to whom she has given poisoned jawbreaker, while cleverly disguised law enforcement officer records notes in cleverly disguised Crimestoppers textbook...and as for you, Dear Reader, 'Evil to him who evil thinks.'"

The girl and the man with shotgun was probably based on the syndicated comic “Bobby Sox” by San Francisco based artist Marty Links. The girl was Emmy Lou and the man her dad. The officer was obviously D Tracy.

EB034D27-EBDD-4251-B4C3-0E60E1C4EA26.jpeg

On 1/22/2023 at 5:33 PM, jpepx78 said:

The girl and the man with shotgun was probably based on the syndicated comic “Bobby Sox” by San Francisco based artist Marty Links. The girl was Emmy Lou and the man her dad. The officer was obviously D Tracy.

EB034D27-EBDD-4251-B4C3-0E60E1C4EA26.jpeg

That is great! Looks like you nailed the reference. Thanks for sharing that!