• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB- YTLM #1 art.

86 posts in this topic

Ahh, never mind. I was actually thinking of the splash at the end of 37 that I offered crazy money for. 37 features naked Yorick being photographed by a newspaper reporter.

For the sake of reference, 27 is a pale Yorick who has just vomited blood and collapsed and appears to be dead.

What this discussion proves is that a strong work which is allowed to remain in print, like YTLM, will continue to find new readers, even when the series ends. And a subset of those new readers will look for the OA. ComicsNYC22 just read the book this year, if I'm not mistaken. That bodes well going forward for anyone holding onto the art. Wish I had gotten more and wish I had kept more of what I did get...always thought this would happen, should have trusted my instinct more!

What this discussion proves is that a strong work which is allowed to remain in print, like YTLM, will continue to find new readers, even when the series ends. And a subset of those new readers will look for the OA. ComicsNYC22 just read the book this year, if I'm not mistaken. That bodes well going forward for anyone holding onto the art. Wish I had gotten more and wish I had kept more of what I did get...always thought this would happen, should have trusted my instinct more!

I've said this for years and VERTIGO is the king of the masterful finite series.

HELLBLAZER might have shared in the same adoration if they had "killed" it at 300 or less and not run it into the ground (Is the new series still being put out?).

WALKING DEAD is still TBD. It really depends on how and when the series ends.

You definitely have pages I wish I had grabbed! Before you entered the scene, the Y market was fairly subdued. Then it seemed like overnight, everything was gone. Perhaps it wasn't that dramatic, but you were to Y what Mister-Not-So-Nice was to PREACHER before you and what James J and the Nowell Bros are to WALKING DEAD now. Only you and MNSN were smart/lucky enough to get in relatively early (although the comparison isn't exact as MNSN built his collection over years).

Always fascinating to see formerly undervalued properties blow up. We've seen it with PREACHER and WD and we're starting to see it with YTLM now.

I'm (probably blissfully) completely ignorant of the market on TWD art, but any time someone wants to compare my collection to MNSN in ANY way, I'll take it as a tremendous compliment, so thanks for that!

But I don't own any covers from the series I covet so much :makepoint:

My cousin urged me to try the series after reading the first issue.

I was fortunate enough to grab the last copy on my next trip to the LCS and was on board for the duration.

Had I known about OA at the time I'd have bought everything in sight.

You definitely have pages I wish I had grabbed! Before you entered the scene, the Y market was fairly subdued. Then it seemed like overnight, everything was gone. Perhaps it wasn't that dramatic, but you were to Y what Mister-Not-So-Nice was to PREACHER before you and what James J and the Nowell Bros are to WALKING DEAD now. Only you and MNSN were smart/lucky enough to get in relatively early (although the comparison isn't exact as MNSN built his collection over years).

Always fascinating to see formerly undervalued properties blow up. We've seen it with PREACHER and WD and we're starting to see it with YTLM now.

I'm (probably blissfully) completely ignorant of the market on TWD art, but any time someone wants to compare my collection to MNSN in ANY way, I'll take it as a tremendous compliment, so thanks for that!

And you never will. :devil:

"Never" is a harsh word

but 25% of the interior art is a nice consolation :devil::devil:

"Never" is a harsh word

Never = the length of time my Weisenfeld is held hostage. :sumo:

Correct. Read it on a binge weekend and to this day it's the best comic i've ever read.

Unfortunately for me, those covers chew up a tremendous amount of one's discretionary spending. Maybe it's to your advantage they aren't out there. I daresay you'd have had a hard time coming close to 25% of interiors if nasty ol' covers were eating up all your budget.

Fortunately, I think 2014 should allow me far more opportunities to save money than 2013 did -- things just don't seem to be out there for the taking anymore. Or maybe they just aren't "out there" at all.

"Never" is a harsh word

So, um, Simon is it?

You'll trade me a PREACHER cover for a WIESENFELD hm

143843.jpg.6e8fe4f45cb2af8a2631f38d60c9dd78.jpg

I've said this for years and VERTIGO is the king of the masterful finite series.

HELLBLAZER might have shared in the same adoration if they had "killed" it at 300 or less and not run it into the ground (Is the new series still being put out?).

WALKING DEAD is still TBD. It really depends on how and when the series ends.

Yup. HokieGAK and I have chatted about this over the years, and I believe I told him early on that YTLM had the potential to be another PREACHER, in terms of the art. That was a close parallel to me, more than any other Vertigo series, for multiple reasons. But even then, I didn't expect PREACHER (let alone YTLM) to be what it's become, with pages reaching five figures. (OK, I only know about one page, and it's an outlier, but still!)

"Never" is a harsh word

I'm guessing Branget thinks you're talking about YTLM covers when you mean PREACHER covers.

The fact that one collector has a stranglehold on 99% of the PREACHER covers also explains why interiors are valued so highly. It's similar with YTLM, in that a huge chunk of covers are buried, although not as extreme a situation as PREACHER.

"Never" is a harsh word

I think Branget thinks you're talking about YTLM covers when you mean PREACHER covers.

The fact that one collector has a stranglehold on 99% of the PREACHER covers also explains why interiors are valued so highly. It's similar with YTLM, in that a huge chunk of covers are buried, although not as extreme a situation as PREACHER.

Who is this one collector? I was referring to Preacher since MNSN insists on keeping my Weisnefled then I too shall play with his passions. rantrant

Speaking of Wiesenfelds being held hostage, I need to buy one more thing from you to finish my trifecta, Mr. Branget.

lol

There will be some OA coming my way before your trifecta is even considered, Mr Kessler. :whistle:

"Never" is a harsh word

So, um, Simon is it?

You'll trade me a PREACHER cover for a WIESENFELD hm

I was going to say yes until I clicked the link. :sorry: