• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM World's Finest #5 and #6

7 posts in this topic

Here are two golden age World's Finest with the cardstock covers. There are not many non-color breaking creases on these covers...Here's a rundown of each issue:

Issue #5 - This one has more wear than the #6. Most of the defects are obvious, but there are a few hidden defects. Besides what can be seen on the cover, there is some tape on the inside. Apparentaly, the cover was detached at some point and was re-attached with double sided tape (or something similar). There is also a piece of tape over each staple. Finally, there is a small piece of tape sealing a tear. There can be seen just above the head of the right-most person in the theatre on the cover. The tape is old and has likely been there for decades.

Issue #6 - The biggest issue appears to be the long verticle crease on the cover. The cover is soldily attached. The first page is coming loose at the bottom staple, but otherwise is firmly attached.

WF5001_zpsfc9cebb9.jpg

WF5002_zpsf654cc15.jpg

5 2.0

6 3.0

Thanks. That's about what I was thinking on the #5, although I think it is a nice looking 2.0. The #6 I was thinking was slightly better than a 3.0 - say a 3.5. I've seen some 3.0s that look much worse than this book. It looks better in person than the scan too. The white doesn't look as dirty and the colors are bright.

Any other opinions?

Thanks. That's about what I was thinking on the #5, although I think it is a nice looking 2.0. The #6 I was thinking was slightly better than a 3.0 - say a 3.5. I've seen some 3.0s that look much worse than this book. It looks better in person than the scan too. The white doesn't look as dirty and the colors are bright.

Any other opinions?

I had it at yours 5-2.0 6-3.5