• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk #340

52 posts in this topic

Hey, don't get me wrong guys. I love this book. Here is my copy!

SAM_3441.jpg

I just don't consider it a key. But perhaps I don't understand what "key" means?? hm

My understanding of a key issue is an issue that has some kind of special event (secret identity, origin, first appearance, first costume, death, etc....).

Is there an industry definition of key, or is it as simple as "if it's key to you, then it's key"! (shrug)

A "key" is whatever you want it to be. Buy what is key to you. Hulk 340 is a valuable comic to be sure, but you would be hard pressed to find anyone over the age of 30 that would ever call it a "key" by any stretch of the definition as far as the comic collecting community at large is concerned. I would say it has a "classic cover", but that in and of itself does not a key make, at least not by the generally accepted term of the word. NM 98 is a key. ASM 300 is a key. These are actual and generally accepted "keys" that no one would argue. Hulk 340? Nope. Not like those.

-J.

Personally, I would put X-Men 213 ahead of Wolverine 10 - plus, why doesn't he use his "bone claws" against Sabretooth in Wolverine 10? lol

Really? Wolverine 10 a "key"? That's an interesting thought..... lol to Hulk 340 as a "poor man's Hulk 181".

-J.

Wolverine 10 is the first appearance of Silverfox. Probably not a big deal in the grand scheme, but to Wolvie fans that's kind of cool.

Personally, I would put X-Men 213 ahead of Wolverine 10 - plus, why doesn't he use his "bone claws" against Sabretooth in Wolverine 10? lol

Really? Wolverine 10 a "key"? That's an interesting thought..... lol to Hulk 340 as a "poor man's Hulk 181".

-J.

Wolverine 10 is the first appearance of Silverfox. Probably not a big deal in the grand scheme, but to Wolvie fans that's kind of cool.

And the kickoff of a deep-hate relationship for a long time with Sabretooth. Still one of my favorite Wolverine individual books.

:cloud9:

And the kickoff of a deep-hate relationship for a long time with Sabretooth. Still one of my favorite Wolverine individual books.

Nah, they were hating each other long before that, and if you look at Marvel's official history, Wolverine 10 is just an implanted memory or dream story anyway.

Nah, they were hating each other long before that, and if you look at Marvel's official history, Wolverine 10 is just an implanted memory or dream story anyway.

Hell, even the Power Pack cover confrontation came before Wolverine #10. lol

issue 10 is a flashback, isnt it? Taking place before their fight in PP or XMEN 212/213?

issue 10 is a flashback, isnt it? Taking place before their fight in PP or XMEN 212/213?

Yeah, it was a "flashback" sequence that was done purely for a money grab. The way the value of that book sky-rocketed never made much sense to me. It wasn't the first time we saw them fight, instead, it was a "re-telling" of their first fight. Wolvie #10 just screamed "manufactured" collectible from the start. lol

Sorry, I live in real time, not fake Marvel time. If a story was written in 1984 and another in 1990, then the story in 1984 was first.

To believe otherwise is pure insanity, like saying the Young Sherlock Holmes TV series predates the Arthur Conan Doyle books. doh!:tonofbricks: