• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale on Ebay: 30 Cent Price Variants

33 posts in this topic

I bid on the Valiant but have no clue why? what's the deal with that card? is it like the ASM 238 with tatooz? VVSS = $$$? what are those fetching slabbed?

There are no slabbed copies of that book to my knowledge. A slabbed copy would get a green label.

The VVSS stands for Valiant Validated Signature Series. It was a program that Valiant had for a while so that people could buy signed copies of Valiant books and be guaranteed of getting authentic signatures. Each release was limited to something like 5,000 copies of a particular issue. VVSS books sell for more than their regular counterparts by a pretty large margin.

This particular book is a VcVSS, meaning Valiantcomics.com Validated Signature Series. It was a special validated signature series book that was is also a Bob Layton File Copy. Bob Layton had an unopened case of 40 copies of this book and he sold them to Dino over on Greg H.'s Valiantfans.com site. Dino and Greg organized with Bob Layton and Janet Jackson to get signatures and prepared special certificates of authenticity for the book. Unlike the regular VVSS books, which were limited to 5,000 copies, this release was limited to only 40 copies.

Aside from Dino's original sale of the first 39 copies of the book, there has only been one reported "open market" sale of a VcVSS Magnus #0 that I am aware of -- it went for $182.50, right when Dino released the books for sale back in June 2004 or so. He sold his one remaining issue and donated the proceeds to Valiantcomics.com (Greg's site). Although the market will obviously dictate the price, I think this book should be selling for more than that, given that the VcVSS release was limited to only 40 copies, and was one of Bob Layton's personal file copies. But whatever the market bears is what the book will sell for.

The card in the Magnus #0 signifies that the book was one of the copies that you had to send away for back when Magnus #8 came out. You had to cut the cards out of Magnus #1 through Magnus #8 (dramatically reducing the value of those books, which were expensive as HELL at the time) and mail them in for one copy of Magnus #0 with card.

Valiant later released a reprint of Magnus #0 without the card as a retailer incentive.

But you should put in the auction that you are using a picture hosted elsewhere because then it would show the little photo icon.

You can also do what I do, which is use a default "ebay hosted" image that never changes. The little picture icon always shows up and you don't have to do anything else differently.

Not to tell you what to do or anything,

But you should put in the auction that you are using a picture hosted elsewhere because then it would show the little photo icon.

I saw these earlier this week, but didn't click on them because of that.

OK, thanks for the tip! thumbsup2.gif