• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale on Ebay: 30 Cent Price Variants

33 posts in this topic

At least someone got the joke. Below I've copied the text from an email I got from someone who, by his demonstrated intelligence coupled with a complete lack of any ability to detect sarcasm, is clearly a brain surgeon or nuclear physicist. Or maybe a disgruntled sanitation worker. I can't decide which, but he clearly felt the need to inform me that my Fine Plus copy of MS#29 wasn't worth "$50, $500, or $5,000." As the saying goes, No shiite, Sherlock.

"your kidding right? In fine+ condition this comic is worth about 14-18 bucks give or take a dollar. this write up is made to be funny on purpose right? You graded the circle 9.9. That was just too funny. I had not heard of the circle grading method before this. Thanks, I have not had a great laugh like that in a long time. Good luck with your auction. Thanks again."

That is so funny. hail.gif

I just had to open the bidding for you!

Good Luck.

Harry takeit.gif

At least someone got the joke. Below I've copied the text from an email I got from someone who, by his demonstrated intelligence coupled with a complete lack of any ability to detect sarcasm, is clearly a brain surgeon or nuclear physicist. Or maybe a disgruntled sanitation worker. I can't decide which, but he clearly felt the need to inform me that my Fine Plus copy of MS#29 wasn't worth "$50, $500, or $5,000." As the saying goes, No shiite, Sherlock.

"your kidding right? In fine+ condition this comic is worth about 14-18 bucks give or take a dollar. this write up is made to be funny on purpose right? You graded the circle 9.9. That was just too funny. I had not heard of the circle grading method before this. Thanks, I have not had a great laugh like that in a long time. Good luck with your auction. Thanks again."

That is so funny. hail.gif

I just had to open the bidding for you!

Good Luck.

Harry takeit.gif

27_laughing.gif

That is some good grading there FFB hail.gif

Hey, do you mind if we hijack the auction and run the price up to $5k just to cheese that humor-impaired emailer off...? grin.gif

You can bid it as high as you like, as long as you're willing to pay at the end. sumo.gif

I added another variant (my last remaining one). I timed the auction to start at 11:45 a.m. PDT. It'll show up in my ebay items then. It's an Amazing Spider-Man #155 30 cent variant.

This book is up there now. Any variant weirdos who read the auction test, please keep in mind that I mean no offense when I call you variant weirdos.

This book is up there now. Any variant weirdos who read the auction test, please keep in mind that I mean no offense when I call you variant weirdos.

FFB, I've bid on some of the variants. Does that make me a variant weirdo? If I don't have a serious variant collection, am I a variant variant collector? Merely a variant? Or just a weirdo?

FFB, I've bid on some of the variants. Does that make me a variant weirdo? If I don't have a serious variant collection, am I a variant variant collector? Merely a variant? Or just a weirdo?

It makes you a V.V.S.S. A Varied Variant Selective Selector.

Speaking of which, did you see the Magnus #0 Bob Layton File Copy V.V.S.S. I have up for sale? yay.gif

gossip.gifHi-grade variant hoarder hi.gif

How about HI midgrade? flowerred.gif

It's not about the money. It's more just that I want to be rewarded for my hard work in drafting the descriptions. yay.gifpoke2.gif

And besides, didn't you see the circle on the Marvel Spotlight #29? It's a 9.9!!!! headbang.gif