• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Golden Cover Jam Session

68 posts in this topic

Great books Sabertooth! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I forgot how awesome Golden's art was. What is he doing now? confused-smiley-013.gif

No idea. I haven't been actively buying for couple of years, and don't recall much from him during the 90s. I did pick up a pretty solid run of Golden's 'Nam books a while back, but I'm sticking to his late Bronze and early Copper stuff for this thread.

Sidebar: with the collapse of the Yankees pictching in the ALCS and the Sammy Sosa rumors, we get to pretend we have a shot at signing Beltran for a few months, just like we did with Vlad last Winter. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Great work posting all these, thanks!!! Another favorite is Defenders #94, the 1st gargoyle. His interior work on Batman Family is to die for...

I don't have any Batman Family, but great call on Defenders #94, I'd forgotten about it. I just dug it out and Defenders #96 too. I'll scan them in a few!

I love the Dr. Strange covers!! You can really see that Michael Golden was a huge influence for Art Adams by looking at those covers.

Yeah, I remember when I first encountered Art Adams in the Longshot mini-series, I thought I was looking at a Michael Golden book for a few minutes. But Adams was so strong an illustrator in his own right that the came across as influenced by Golden, not a clone.

I don't have any Batman Family,

Gotta fix that! (we had a thread on interiors not long ago, and Golden was well-represented)

547672-batfam.JPG

559224-batfam17a.JPG

558207-batfam17b.JPG

...and just for grins, the Golden/Heath Mister Miracle

558206-mrm24a.JPG

558457-mrm24b.JPG

I don't have any Batman Family,

Gotta fix that! (we had a thread on interiors not long ago, and Golden was well-represented)

Yay! Too funny, I was just looking at that thread. Being new here, I look at the "Who's Online" page a lot because it often has links to older threads I'd otherwise missed. I must have followed you over there. Just read the whole thing, cool thread.