• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 12, World's Finest 5, 6 WWII Patriotic GA covers PRICES LOWERED

10 posts in this topic

Shipping is $5 for one or for all books for domestic shipping. Please inquire about int'l shipping. Payment by check/MO or Paypal. Offers are welcome, particularly on more than one book.

Up for sale are three golden age patriotic covers from WWII. All the comics are complete without any restoration. More detailed description of each follows.

Superman #12 Fair 1.0 - $165 SOLD

The cover is detached, but the front and back cover are not separated from each other. The pages are decent and supple with the exception of two pages shown below. It looks as if the book was open for a number of years in attic or something. There is a fair amount of dust/dirt accumulated on those two pages. I lightly brushed the pages and the dirt comes off. I will leave it for the next owner to do what they want with it. This is a great WWII cover and one that is under appreciated in my opinion.

World's Finest #5 Good 2.0 - $225 $200 SOLD

A nice looking 2.0. Most of the defects are obvious, but there are a few hidden defects. Besides what can be seen on the cover, there is some tape on the inside. Apparentaly, the cover was detached at some point and was re-attached with double sided tape (or something similar). There is also a piece of tape over each staple. Finally, there is a small piece of tape sealing a tear. There can be seen just above the head of the right-most person in the theatre on the cover. The tape is old and has likely been there for decades.

World's Finest #6 VG- 3.5 - $265 $240

The cover is soldily attached. The first page is coming loose at the bottom staple, but otherwise is firmly attached. Colors are bright and the white looks dirtier in the scan than in person. A nice, solid issue.

Scans to follow.

Superman #12 Fair 1.0 - $165

The cover is detached, but the front and back cover are not separated from each other. The pages are decent and supple with the exception of two pages shown below. It looks as if the book was open for a number of years in attic or something. There is a fair amount of dust/dirt accumulated on those two pages. I lightly brushed the pages and the dirt comes off. I will leave it for the next owner to do what they want with it. This is a great WWII cover and one that is under appreciated in my opinion.

Nice looking Fair. I dust my statues with a long makeup brush, and I think it would serve in this case as well (thumbs u