• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor #85

8 posts in this topic

Okay so I guess most of us have read this by now so I won't worry about spoilers but what the heck was that all about? So are all Asgardians now dead. What a crock. Not even a double sized or 52 page book. The artwork and coloring was beautiful, probably the best work I have seen all year but now we have to wait until the new year to see where this is going. I fully expect the supporting cast to be magically revived which bascally makes this a big waste of time unless they have finally dealt with he whole Surter issue once and for all. I also find it hard to believe that Thor had the power to destroy the fates.

Anyways I'm going to go back and reread this in detail but what do we have to look forward to with the next dozen issues? Thor bringing back to life everything that was destroyed. sleeping.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

what do we have to look forward to with the next dozen issues?

#85 was the last issue. I thought it was weak also. The first several issues of this arc were great, but it was down hill with the last two or three. I dumped my personal copies on Ebay while the getting was good.

I also find it hard to believe that Thor had the power to destroy the fates.

I dont think he destroyed the fates!

Just their Loom which kept replaying their threads of life!

I also find it hard to believe that Thor had the power to destroy the fates.

I dont think he destroyed the fates!

Just their Loom which kept replaying their threads of life!

All very confusing stuff as this has been foretold for ages that Surter would set the nine worlds ablaze and I don't think this is an event that is being retold but one that has been held off for eons? The breaking of the loom strikes me a symbolic gesture and nothing more. The Gods have always spoke of fate and destiny and their very existence is based upon it. Are we now to believe that this is no longer the case and they will now change they way they think and act going forward?

They rushed this arc way too fast as there are too many questions left unawsered. The battles were too brief, key villains and supporting casts are apparently dead. Who are the three mysterious figures and why does one look so much like Odin? I'm still scratching my head over Thor's kid sidekick. Will we ever see the spirts of Odin's brothers and Odin himself speaking to Thor now that he is a drift (waiting for the new relaunch like the rest of us 27_laughing.gif). I hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling they have not thought out this story arc too far in advance and I'm wondering if they have done too much damage to bring all this back together without using a lame excuse to revive what was destroyed. Where was the Watcher when all this went down? Let me guess Thor was having an Odinsleep and this was all a dream.

As you can see I'm a bit of a Thor geek but the new relaunch will have a lot of explaining to do. If they don't use the same writer I think we are in for some bad stuff.