• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb question

21 posts in this topic

They say there are no such things as dumb questions.

They are wrong.

In that spirit, how do you embed a photo here? I assume you click that "enter an image" icon above and then paste the url of one of your photos hosted on a site elsewhere. So far that hasn't seemed to do it for me.

P.S.

Also wanted to personally thank the postal driver who just did a u-turn in my yard after several inches of rain yesterday. I know have huge divots right in my front yard.

It has to be an extremely low definition picture. I think the max size is 75X75. It does not need a link, it can be a picture you saved to your computer. If the picture is too large, it will not work.

That must be it. I made one what i thought was small, but probably wasnt small enough.

OH, were you talking about making a thumbnail picture avatar that goes under your name or posting pictures in a thread? Those are two different processes. I was describing how to make the avatar.

To show a picture here, type outURLofpicture.com and hit submit.

For the avatar, follow the other users' here instructions.

To embed a video, get the embed code (however) and follow bababooey's instructions about the dropdown menu for using both HTML and UBBCode.

-slym

To upload a picture...

www.tinypic.com

Upload there. Resize to "Message Board". Copy the IMG Code and paste it here.

For an avatar - you don't even need to find a 75 x 75 image. That's tough. Just find an image you like and resize it with Microsoft Paint to 75 x 75 pixels. You generally want some sort of characters face so if you find a large image you like, use the "select" function box and draw a square around the face or what portion of the image you want, crop it, then resize until it's 75 x 75.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. If you want any more help, feel free to PM me! (thumbs u

I get that sometimes when the URL I'm copying is not the direct link to the picture itself. It's hard to describe, but if you do a Google Image search for anything, you can right-click and get the "copy shortcut" option but it doesn't work here. Likewise, earlier today I went to wikipedia and right-clicked a picture to copy shortcut. Didn't work. (see below #1) So I went back to wikipedia and clicked the picture, which brought me to another page for the picture. Right-click, copy shortcut, it worked this time. (see below #2)

It looks like you're doing it right, but the forum software is not finding your picture. I always do "preview post" to make sure it's working.

File:Blc_from_bn.jpg

Blc_from_bn.jpg

I've manipulated the photos every which way, it just doesnt matter. Doesn't work. Here's a typical image url. I've tried photos of just about every size and type.

Anytime you want to use an image between the ""'s, it needs to end with .jpg or .gif or .png or some sort of code.

If it doesn't have that, it won't work.

I've manipulated the photos every which way, it just doesnt matter. Doesn't work. Here's a typical image url. I've tried photos of just about every size and type.

:)

Taken on August 16, 2011 at 2.05PM PST

Posted to Flickr December 27, 2013 at 10.36AM PST

Camera Canon EOS REBEL T3i

Exposure 0.033 sec (1/30)

Aperture f/3.5

Focal Length 21 mm

ISO Speed 640

Exposure Bias 0 EV

Flash Off, Did not fire

X-Resolution 72 dpi

Y-Resolution 72 dpi

Orientation Horizontal (normal)

Software Adobe Photoshop CS4 Windows

Aperture f/3.5

Focal Length 21 mm

ISO Speed 640

Exposure Bias 0 EV

Flash Off, Did not fire

X-Resolution 72 dpi

Y-Resolution 72 dpi

Orientation Horizontal (normal)

Software Adobe Photoshop CS4 Windows

Astrological sign: Pisces

Breakfast: Lucky Charms and whole milk

Last dental cleaning: 6/3/12

Aperture f/3.5

Focal Length 21 mm

ISO Speed 640

Exposure Bias 0 EV

Flash Off, Did not fire

X-Resolution 72 dpi

Y-Resolution 72 dpi