• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merry Christmas Everyone

45 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas to all.

Funny thing. When I worked a patrol car back in the day. My area of assignment (patch, zone, etc.) was the area known as "Tremont" in Cleveland. That is where the movie "A Christmas Story" was filmed. Where the "house" from the film, is located.

I have been in that house more than once. It is still there and looks pretty much the same (last I checked).

Yet, I have never seen the movie.

There used to be a corner bar across the street from it. I used to play on a softball team that was sponsored by that bar (I am a non-drinker). It was called the "Rowley Inn". I have heard that the bar has gone away, and that building has been turned into a "Christmas Story" gift shop.

This is what the house still looks like today. "Leg Lamp" prominently displayed. :)

AChristmasStoryhousepic_zps2c30af3c.jpg

This is also the same area that parts of another famous movie was filmed. "The Deer Hunter", was partially filmed at a store called the "Eagle Super Market", which is just down the road from the "A Christmas Story" house. That super market was a dump of a place. Nasty little neighborhood store. May be still there. I don't know.

A little bit of trivia, for fun.

That is awesome!

I have to say pretty jealous you've stepped foot in the house. :applause:

Henestly in my top 10 movies of all time. Just have always loved it and continue to do so - a Holiday ritual amongst most of our friends and family.

You really should at least watch it once.

Thanks for sharing!!