• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammer Hammering Again........

35 posts in this topic

personally, I agree he has more freedom to say what he wants over there so long as he keeps it with in the rules,

I don't really have an opinion on him one way or another, would I buy something from him?, probably not, is he a criminal? walks like a duck.....

but his posts make for interesting reading

usually the MODS just let him go unless he gets heated up or attacks someone, in this case Bryan thought it was getting out of hand,

I'd like to see Hammer back on here, see how long he goes before he starts doing the stuff I've heard, like that name calling and threats and what-not, how he would act here would reflect how he is treated there,

I'd like to see Hammer back on here, see how long he goes before he starts doing the stuff I've heard, like that name calling and threats and what-not, how he would act here would reflect how he is treated there,

It wouldn't be long, because we wouldn't put up with his disinformation bull [#@$%!!!], and he'd be constantly fighting with us. Which, from a year or two bitter experience, I can tell you is NO fun at all. frown.gif

I'd like to see Hammer back on here

I wouldn't.

keep him far from here.....and Brockley, you and CPG do yourselves a disservice by allowing him to spew his lies and nonsense. Mnay posters here defended his presense here because they felt he was full of so much knowledge to share.... but the price is too high given the bullsh-t and lies that come with it. Good riddance. He oughtta be back behind bars.

Mnay posters here defended his presense here because they felt he was full of so much knowledge to share.... but the price is too high given the bullsh-t and lies that come with it.

I was one of the people who thought he should stay, and I thought that for over a year. However, you're right, it takes more savvy, experience, and most importantly, TIME, to constantly sort though all his disinformation than it's worth. He hooks you with great info, and then starts to liberally spread the self-serving BS like butter onto bread. Christo_pull_hair.gif He hooks newer, less knowledgable collectors with his well-written forum posts EXACTLY like he hooks his poor buyers on ebay. frown.gif

I'd like to see Hammer back on here

I wouldn't.

Neither would I.

I'd like to see Hammer back on here, see how long he goes before he starts doing the stuff I've heard, like that name calling and threats and what-not, how he would act here would reflect how he is treated there

He came back repeatedly. There are plenty of old threads still available if you want to see what happened.

-- Joanna

Mnay posters here defended his presense here because they felt he was full of so much knowledge to share.... but the price is too high given the bullsh-t and lies that come with it.

I was one of the people who thought he should stay, and I thought that for over a year. However, you're right, it takes more savvy, experience, and most importantly, TIME, to constantly sort though all his disinformation than it's worth. He hooks you with great info, and then starts to liberally spread the self-serving BS like butter onto bread. Christo_pull_hair.gif He hooks newer, less knowledgable collectors with his well-written forum posts EXACTLY like he hooks his poor buyers on ebay. frown.gif

And that disinformation (in that CPG thread) began the moment he switched from talking about the F.F. 25. His rant about CGC's favoring Ewerts was admittedly based on scans, which seemed to back up his theorey (sic). If there's an anomaly with CGC's grading, there he is, ready to use it as a platform for his spurious drivel.

And what drivel it was. Yes, the man can write, but he quickly moved on from the FF 25s, claiming that they were emblematic of CGC trimming and pressing most HG Marvels between '61 and '66, and then stating that CGC wells were specifically designed to prevent said pressed books from returning to their original form. And the pressing machine was apparently located at the CGC offices. Amazing logic backed with no evidence whatsoever.

Un- bloody-believable. Not just what he says and his self-righteous attitude, but the fact that he's allowed to say it.

I think Hammer definitely adds something to a discussion -- too bad, as others have noted, you can't believe anything the guy says because he's often caught lying. The problem I have with the CPG boards is that they allow Hammer to go off, and then lock the thread. I know you can't have a constant flame war, but they locked a thread where it wasn't personal insults, but a discussion about some particular points. Hammer started the accusations (as he always does) about others trimming their books etc., when you allow those kinds of accusations you will ALWAYS have responses and problems. The solution is stop Hammer from making threads where he goes out and accuses people of things at all -- since he generally has no actual proof.

...they locked a thread where it wasn't personal insults, but a discussion about some particular points.

I'm sure Borock, Storms and OG didn't find anything Hammer said in that thread personally insulting. makepoint.gif

Not that the scans Hammer put up weren't very interesting, and his initial point wasn't worth examining....but any momentary credibility Hammer might start to garner within a thread usually self-destructs once he launches into one of his patented hissy fits.

Poor choice of words. However, it wasn't a thread that became name calling, but something that spawned out of a discussion on the books themselves.

I totally agree with your last point. I've been saying the same thing to him on the CPG boards, and pretty much universally everytime the subject of him comes up.

You know, I could care less what Hammer says or does. It is clear he just wants to get attention and stoke his ego, so why play his game? confused-smiley-013.gif

The worst thing you can do to people like that is to just ignore them.

Because the thread there was locked.....

I'm slowly moving towards dealing ONLY in restored material. There's definitely a market for it as my last weeks of Ebay auctions has shown. What are you going to do then to extend your personal Vendetta when ALL the books I sell are restored? You going to augment the site, "He's selling restored books...LOOK, he put it right in the auction description!!!!".

The day that every comic he sells is sold with full disclosure is the day that I'll know the website has done it's job.

.....if you don't think a day goes by that I don't dwell on what you've been trying to do to me, you're very sadly mistaken as well as deluded.

What can I say? Knowing I live rent free in his head and he dwells on it every day is more then I could have hoped for. cloud9.gif

I'm sure Borock, Storms and OG didn't find anything Hammer said in that thread personally insulting. makepoint.gif

Not that the scans Hammer put up weren't very interesting, and his initial point wasn't worth examining....but any momentary credibility Hammer might start to garner within a thread usually self-destructs once he launches into one of his patented hissy fits.

Hammer, are you at least posting on the CGC boards via a proxy server? Wouldn't want you to get booted so soon this time around. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif