• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted Board Member in USA to bid on Ebay auctions.

15 posts in this topic

There is a seller on Ebay who won't ship CGC books to Canada. Looking for someone to bid on them for me and then ship them up to the GWN aka Canada. I'm willing to throw some extra cash your way for helping me out.

You can also bid on them your self and have them shipped to a US address then to you. I've done this in the past for some brothers in the North. Let me know if you still need help and I'd be happy to.

sign-rantpost.gif

I can't understand why you would limit your market...why is shipping north of the boarder is a problem? Can someone enlighten me as i am a Canuck and have never had a problem with international transactions...the only thing i can think of is time?

The thing is though that you can have a confirmed address in Canada. So I don't think that it is the paypal policies. If the seller stated that he would only ship to a confirmed address then I could see it. Then why wouldn't he allow a money order, which is cheaper for him. I personally think that most people won't sell things to Canada is the extra 5 minutes of paper work that they may have to do. just don't understand people.

I don't sell much, so I have no problem shipping out of the country when I do - but it is more work.

I could see why a more frequent seller who likes the convenience of popping everything into priority mail boxes and envelopes might resist shipping internationally - having to buy boxes and/or envelopes, looking up international postage and insurance rates, filling out customs forms, etc.

confused-smiley-013.gifI've sold 95% of my stuff internationally (UK, Denmark, Netherlands, France, US etc.) and do not have a problem with it as it opens the doors wide open for top prices paid, but maybe the amount of paperwork differs in Canada vs. US....for us it is basically just a green customs declaration sticker that takes about 10 seconds to fill out or a different form than the standard US shipping form....I also prefer MO's to paypal for obvious reasons...

Roy.

Nope...forms the same. It's just the matter of what resources you have at your disposal, the time you want to commit to growing your business and your degree of involvement in the hobby and selling. If you are just doing for kicks and don't need the money, you may not want the inconvenience, albeit 10 extra seconds to fill out paperwork,to send internationally.

Unfortunately for me, I am not in that situation so I like to develop my customer base as large as possible so I'll ship anywhere in the world as long as you pay for it; it makes no difference to me. smile.gifMany sellers not familiar with the mail system - whether it is USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc. - may not want to learn a whole new system outside their comfort zone. Remember what may be as simple as 10 extra seconds for us who do it almost on a weekly or even daily basis maybe as frustrating as an hour for those who have to learn the sstem from scratch.