• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to Superior Spider-Man?

204 posts in this topic

It'll be an important book for spidey collectors, and it will definitely see a bump above cover no doubt.

What its not, is rare, or hard to find in 9.8. That was my point.

I haven't found a 9.8 yet...your LCS's must be blessed....all the back covers, and I've gone through 50+ have some ridges along the spine.

i get my comics unhandled yes, but beside that point. Rather than debating about supposedly hard to find books, mistreated on the rack of some store, let's just see what happens

How many did you pre-order?

And let us know how many you sub, and what they come back as...

I took the least banged up of the lot...and that wasn't saying much.

Sounds like me picking up chicks late Friday nights at Crazy Charlies Hobags and Hottails Country Saloon and Car Wash.

lol

I haven't found a 9.8 yet...your LCS's must be blessed....all the back covers, and I've gone through 50+ have some ridges along the spine.

i get my comics unhandled yes, but beside that point. Rather than debating about supposedly hard to find books, mistreated on the rack of some store, let's just see what happens

How many did you pre-order?

And let us know how many you sub, and what they come back as...

not sure i'll be able to sub any.....i'll see how the dcbs copies look.

Discussion Summary:

Superior Spider-man #30 is nigh impossible to find in 9.8. From what I have seen, Crud Co. Comic's copies are all readers, VG- at best. People need to rush out and start trying to horde these on e-bay all at the same time.

I happened to have pre-ordered 1500 from DCBS, if any of them happen to be better than VG- I might just be talked into selling a few to the other hapless people out there desperately trying to get their own 100 copy stack, and maybe might slab a few, but only the FN+ or better ones, if they even exist.

Continue with the thread, if you need me, I'll be out on a 50 state LCS tour trying to find that lone copy of Sup Sp 30 that's NM or better.

thanks, its more for the people that blacked out during the last two pages, and are just trying to move on with the book.

Plus its cathartic, otherwise I might end up like so many others, and stop posting in the modern section. Which would be great for some, (and for bubbles), but not so great for others.

Also, sometimes its easier to make a point, by magnifying it to the extreme.

Same here in Savannah, I went through all 20-30 copies on the shelf to find the most presentable copy, some were so messed up front and back. Until I read this I just assumed it was the kid putting them out in my LCS not being careful. Looks like 9.8's may carry a premium.

I just picked up a super clean #30 at my LCS

The new Amazing Spider-Man #1 pretty much started with this issue

I noticed a lot of the nice looking issues have some weird spine wear on the back cover

Must be a printer defect