• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to Superior Spider-Man?

204 posts in this topic

I guess the hype died down. I don't hear anyone talking about the series anymore. Not as many people on Ebay selling copies.

Out of all the maybe 2300 CGC copies including all the variant covers

not a single 9.9

I lost interest in the series after the first couple of books

What are you talking about? Do you mean where is the speculative market on the title?

If you look at sales numbers, the book has been constantly in the top 10 and almost always in the top 15.

Agreed, this has been a great seller and a very fun/different take on Spider-man. I wish more Marvel/DC titles took chances like this.

I read this title every month. ( twice lol ). Cuz it comes out twice a month. Get it :baiting::sorry: Nevermind

Seriously. I like this book a lot.

I came back into comics when ASM 666 :devil: came out.

What a pile of nonsense Spider Island was. But I kept reading. It got really stupid. But I kept reading.

Then they pull the whole doc ock thing. And you know what. :banana: at least it's entertaining.

It's fun. Nonsense. (thumbs u yup. But at least it's fun nonsense.

That's because Peter Parker is coming back... :banana:

Read the article HERE

Am I missing something here? Anyway I've been under the impression, between the lines of what slott has said, and especially as long as superior is selling well, that this story line will be going on for awhile. I like it too actually, and the series has yielded some great variants already too.

-J.

Superior Spider-man is a must read every month....I enjoy the slant of a bad guy taking over Peter's body. The franchise needed a shake up, it was getting pretty moldy. Curious as to how Peter handles all the cool stuff Doc has created once he gets his body back. Lots of broken bridges to build back also.

I don't believe for a second that Peter won't be in the suit when the movie opens.

No way.

But I've been wrong before...

The comics and the movies are two distinct properties managed by two distinct entities. There is nothing that says Peter has to be back in his body by may. That's literally just a few months from now. Obviously he will be back at some point but I don't think it will be anytime soon. Maybe not even for years. They're just barely scratching the storyline possibilities in superior right now. But I too have been known to be wrong lol.

-J.

Here's my thoughts. You can take it as :idea: or :insane:rantrant

I think Marvel HAS to bring back Peter Parker and will. Then if that's your belief, how would they do it? What power could do that? They're not just going to do a "just kidding...everything that we've written about is all a joke... PP is back"

Here's what I think. I think enough of PP's friends will start to know that this Spider-man/PP is not THE Spider-man/PP (forgive me if this is already happening, I stopped reading when Doc Ock rid himself of PP in his mind). They'll keep working their way up the chain. Then someone powerful like Reed Richards or Dr. Strange will get involved. They'll get some of the Infinity Gems together (Reality Gem? Soul Gem?) and bring PP back. This will all be around the time the Infinity Gauntlet movie is about to be released. Think about the built in advertising/publicity. When ASM #700 came out, I was just getting back into collecting. I remember seeing "Peter Parker is dead" and it made me want to read more Spidey to figure out what the heck is going on. I think any sort of Spidey fan / casual comic book movie fan will go hm and be interested in the Infinity Gems and how they brought back Spidey back. And it'll also give them a better understanding and excitement when the Infinity Gauntlet movie comes out!

Just my :blahblah:

Did Otto Spidey hook up with MJ, Black Cat, Gwen clone, or any of Peter's old flames yet?

Gwen had a clone???

Or are you referring to when Osborn and Gwen made-out and had twin babies (girl-looked like Gwen, boy-looked like Peter/Osborn) BUT due to the goblin formula in Osborn's blood, the twin grew-up fast and became the same age as Peter....then when Peter found out, he transfused some of his spider blood into the twin and it stopped there wrap speed growth...... yeah those were weird times.... don't even get me started on with the "deal w/ the devil, save your 90 yr old aunt but sacrificed your unborn child" storyline :ohnoez::facepalm:

They are separate "entities", but tied very close together.

They do not want new fans going out to buy a Spidey comic after seeing the movie, and then not have that comic even star the Spider-man they just saw.

Everything comes down to money.

A new #1 at the movie launch is my bet. Hype hype hype. Money money money.