• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA Frustrations

92 posts in this topic

Take GPA for what it is, a source of information. Personally I find it to be extremely useful but you need to be able to put some thought into interpreting the information to find it helpful.

Very true.

People also need to access other sources of information in order to get a more complete picture

Ok, I'll bite. Where are these other publicly available and readily accessible sources of information?

Avengers 1 in 9.2 just sold for 38k. GPA has no record of it. You have to watch the market close! Too close! I know numbers that are wrong in GPA because the sales went through at different prices than they captures, but who am I to think they would correct it?

It's a guide. If you're dropping a lot of money you need to know what the prices are really selling for.

If you find an error, send them an email and they'll fix it.

Agreed.

Passion - you appear just to be pumping your own ego here versus doing something productive with information.

There will always be sales that GPA does't account for, but that doesn't mean you can dismiss actual sales or refer to it as a "guide." OSPG and CBPG.com are guides - they are people deciding what something should be worth (arbitrarily or otherwise) and publishing the information. GPA is a physical record of actual market sales, while not all inclusive, it is far more valuable.

It's still a guide, in that it guides you in pricing, just like OSPG and whatnot. Even though it records a subset of actual sales, it's not a price list.

It's nothing like the OSPG and, no, GPA is not a guide.

Yeah it is. You use it to figure out how to value comics. Sounds not unsimilar to me.

One is people's opinions (OSPG).

The other is actual sales records (GPA).

You are combining definition and intention. You may use them for similar purposes, but they are not the same thing.

Take GPA for what it is, a source of information. Personally I find it to be extremely useful but you need to be able to put some thought into interpreting the information to find it helpful.

Very true.

People also need to access other sources of information in order to get a more complete picture

Ok, I'll bite. Where are these other publicly available and readily accessible sources of information?

lol

You are combining definition and intention. You may use them for similar purposes, but they are not the same thing.

A BIN sales record is an opinion of value that is shared by buyer & seller. An auction sales record is a difference of opinion of value by two buyers.

In my opinion.

:angel:

A BIN sales record is an opinion of value that is shared by buyer & seller. An auction sales record is a difference of opinion of value by two buyers.

In my opinion.

Sure, but both represent actual market sales…

OSPG is a group of people "agreeing" on the value of a comic. Whatever data they include, because it eventually incorporates opinion and perspective, means is not objective.

I don't care who you are, your personal records are not reliable and are definitely subject to scrutiny.
Just like GPA :acclaim:

When I first subscribe to GPA at sometime in the future...can someone please tell me to shut the hell up for a few weeks until my "expert user" phase is over...???

Thanks!

:acclaim:

:thumbsup:

I don't care who you are, your personal records are not reliable and are definitely subject to scrutiny.

This is patently false.

GPA is not personal records.

Aren't they George's records? :shrug:

In my opinion.

OSPG is a group of people "agreeing" on the value of a comic. Whatever data they include, because it eventually incorporates opinion and perspective, means is not objective.

Not sure what your point is. A guide is something you use to get somewhere or achieve something. It's not about what it's made of, it's about what it's used for.

This is patently false.

There is a difference between a service people pay for that are subject to a different level of scrutiny that a single person's personal records.

I get it you are making a point, but saying they are the same thing is also incorrect. Its like stating that the score you kept of a boxing match is the correct one, not the Official count and the Vegas Sports Book owes you money.

This is patently false.

No.

It's a data set of actual sales. Not someone's personal records (self recorded).

This is patently false.

There is a difference between a service people pay for that are subject to a different level of scrutiny that a single person's personal records.

I get it you are making a point, but saying they are the same thing is also incorrect. Its like stating that the score you kept of a boxing match is the correct one, not the Official count and the Vegas Sports Book owes you money.

What about a split decision? :shrug:

In my opinion.

Not sure what your point is. A guide is something you use to get somewhere or achieve something. It's not about what it's made of, it's about what it's used for.

Come on, now you are just posting for the sake of it.

Arbitrarily adjusting the definition to prove your point isn't a valid argument.

You are just shifting the discussion away from the original point: OSPG is a guide (i.e. a group of people make up numbers) and GPA is a record of sales (i.e. a cross-section of actual market sales).

When I first subscribe to GPA at sometime in the future...can someone please tell me to shut the hell up for a few weeks until my "expert user" phase is over...???

Thanks!

Do you want me to wait until your panties partially sever your torso, or stop you sometime before that?

This is patently false.

What about a split decision? :shrug:

Fine. :baiting: away.

This is patently false.

You're kinda all over the place m'man. Now you're talking about "official" ... is GPA the "official" score in your analogy? :foryou:

Thanks!

Do you want me to wait until your panties partially sever your torso, or stop you sometime before that?

Dude, cut yourself some slack!! lol

This is patently false.

You're kinda all over the place m'man. Now you're talking about "official" ... is GPA the "official" score in your analogy? :foryou:

:baiting::frustrated::pullhair::tonofbricks:

loads of help, thanks