• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Putting together a FULL CGC 9.8 run of New Mutants X-Factor & X-force by oceanavekid

27 posts in this topic

Oceanavekid good luck with your collection. I am a wolverine completists (1988-2014). I currently have about 396 out of the 481 in Cgc 9.8. It has taken me over 6 years to get what I have, so you may need to give yourself a little more time then a year. My best advise I could give you is find the raw issues and submit them as a 9.8 pre-screen. Then pay close attention to what the rejected books look like as well as the 9.8 graded books. This will help you learn what to look for when buying raw books. Like other people have said most of the middle of the run issues are not available for sale as 9.8 so you will need to submit them for yourself.

Also all shops near me are all dried up for wolverine back issues that I need, if you would like I might be able to help you track down back issues if you could help me track down what I need

Damn bro, that's pretty amazing.

I know I probably won't be able to complete all three sets In a year. I like to set high goals for myself :banana:

Maybe I will maybe I won't. Only time will tell.

That's some good advice, I think I'm gonna start sending in the raw copies I have and see if they're 9.8 or not. I need a lot of issues seeing as how I just started this 3 days ago xD

It may be a challenge to buy 9.8s raw -- the comics are abundant, but at cons they're often in $1 or $2 boxes and not well maintained. Good for completists but hard to get CGC 9.8s.

I've noticed a lot at my LCS are cheap $2-$3 but a good amount don't have WP or just wouldn't get to the 9.8

I have had luck finding a lot of really nice raw books that have a old chance of getting 9.8 WP for really cheap

I just have to wait till they come back from CGC to see if I got a steal or a dud