• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prayers and Good thoughts for Stan Sakai and family

7 posts in this topic

I don't really know how many of you are fans of Stan Sakai.

I have, over the past months, thought of starting a thread so that you folks who are fans like me..could show Stan a little support when his family is going through hard times.

Stan Sakai is a wonderful person, his wife Sharon has been dealing with chemo and illness and is very terminally sick.

There have been fundraisers focused on helping them with the mounting medical bills.

Today another blow to the Sakais..they lost their 20 month old grandson,Leo. Leo was found not breathing and was declared brain dead today. Such a terrible loss. He was so adorable,such a little angel.

So please, if you are a fan of Stan's work, or just think he is one helluva nice guy..

Please, send kind thoughts,good words,prayers and general good vibes towards the Sakai family at this trying time.

If you are interested in helping them by donating..please check out Stan's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/stan.sakai1 or check out the CAPS benefit auction where they do have some amazing items for sale to help out one of the nicest guys in comics...

That's so horrible. Usagi Yojimbo is one of those books that I love picking up. It's one of very few books that I'll pick up anytime I think of it and it's just so enjoyable.

Do you have a link to the auction?

I about threw up when I saw Stan's posts about his grandson today. How much tragedy must a single person face at once? His wife, his grandson...it's very disheartening.

There is a direct donation page to help the Sakais here.

If anyone wants to read along as Stan deals with this, you can do so here. Stan posts updates as he can. (I apologize if a log-in required.)