• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four vs X-men movie

30 posts in this topic

When is the fox contract for X-Men up? :wishluck:

It's open-ended, but it has to be periodically renewed and at that time Disney might be able to up the price so high that Fox can't renew it. Not sure anybody knows when the license is up for renewal, I've looked for it but couldn't find it.

According to Feige the contract is such that it will stay with Fox as long as they keep making the movies. Now I am sure Disney could offer to buy out the rights, but I don't think its worth it for them.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a527852/marvels-kevin-feige-unsure-about-reclaiming-spider-man-x-men-rights.html

It's open-ended, but it has to be periodically renewed and at that time Disney might be able to up the price so high that Fox can't renew it. Not sure anybody knows when the license is up for renewal, I've looked for it but couldn't find it.

I believe Fox has the same deal as Sony has for Spider-Man. It is a perpetual license as long as they keep making movies. Disney gets a small license fee for the movies, merchandise, etc. I don't think we'll ever see Spider-Man or X-Men movies from Disney.

I believe Fox has the same deal as Sony has for Spider-Man. It is a perpetual license as long as they keep making movies. Disney gets a small license fee for the movies, merchandise, etc. I don't think we'll ever see Spider-Man or X-Men movies from Disney.

Perpetual, but I bet Marvel has room to address the terms. If they sold the rights for a flat amount, their lawyers deserve a smack. Could be they didn't have a choice though since they sold the rights in 1993 when they were bankrupt. I don't think the exact terms have ever been released publicly, but through the times they've sued each other some smaller details keep leaking out.

Hasn't Fox been doing well with the X-Movies? Everyone seems to worship First Class...

Have they? I thought First Class was fairly mediocre.

First Class was a decent movie, but a 4 vs. X sounds like just the right movie to burst the big budget movie bubble. Maybe this way Marvel can get their rights back after it flops and Fox will be to scared to make more .

Hasn't Fox been doing well with the X-Movies? Everyone seems to worship First Class...

Have they? I thought First Class was fairly mediocre.

First Class was a decent movie, but a 4 vs. X sounds like just the right movie to burst the big budget movie bubble. Maybe this way Marvel can get their rights back after it flops and Fox will be to scared to make more .

lol