• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

30 Different Covers from 30 Different Countries

28 posts in this topic

A few books I bought in 2013. Thanks to the foreign forum and FCC Magazine for sharing and helping everyone out. it took me a few days to create this menagerie without duplicating any covers or countries. Hope you like it Happy New Year :acclaim: (thumbs u

Top ROW

1 Greece Man of Steel 18

2 France Batman Adventures 12

3 Spain Hulk 377

4 South Africa Batman 423

5 Yugoslavia ASM129

6 Thailand Batman 407

7 Philippines Detective 575

8 Argentina Detective 604

2nd ROW

9 Sweden Superman 76

10 United Kingdom Worlds Finest 71

11 India ASM 1

12 Japan Cap 100

13 Colombia Superman 300

14 Mexico ASM 328

15 Hungary ASM 323

16 Poland ASM 316

3rd ROW

17 Germany Green Lantern 76

18 Turkey Dark Knight Returns

19 Canada Cap 241

20 Portugal Spiderman 1

21 Belgium Batman 251

22 Brazil Brave and Bold 85

23 Denmark Batman 232

4th ROW

24 Finland Action 643

25 Lebanon Action 419

26 Italy Superman 199

27 Australia Worlds Finest 198

28 Norway Flash 175

29 China Superman 233

30 Netherlands Superman 276

20131214_133752_zps662b3b50.jpg

20131214_133657_zpsd0a6623f.jpg

20131214_133703_zpsd358b992.jpg

20131214_133723_zps072db948.jpg

20131214_133729_zpsa06d60e8.jpg

Good stuff! (thumbs u

Yugoslavians must have the worlds largest hands or the worlds worst eyesight, that ASM 129 is ginormous.

:roflmao:

I never thought about that. You make a good point :)

Sadly it is too large for CGC. I wish they would slab the Superman vs Spiderman Treasury......

:applause::applause::o

Very nice, love the idea of representing the different countries also..... be cool to take a map and add some kind of identifying marker to each country in the world you own a foreign book from. I have thought about doing this before but haven't quite figured out how it should be done. hm

Im curious Tony, how long did this take to acquire all these books? Of the bunch which one do you think is the rarest? hm

Again, great foreign accomplishment!!!! (thumbs u

Edited by Define999

Thanks Junkdrawer and Define999!!!!

to answer your questions...

how long did this take to acquire all these books?

i got all these books in 2013. The 1st one was the Chinese Superman 233 and the last was the Greek Man of Steel #18. All but 3 were sourced or were referred to me.

Of the bunch which one do you think is the rarest?

A very close and good friend showed me the South African Batman 423 which i am in a great debt. i did not even know some of these books existed until people showed me like the Colombian Superman 300 and Turkish Dark Knight Returns.

Im not really sure what might be the rarest. I assume all the coppers are pretty easy to acquire. From what i have learned from collectors in the UK, the Worlds Finest 71 holds the same or even more value to them as compared to the original Worlds Finest 71. I believe the Swedish Superman 76 (1952) is pretty rare along with the UK Worlds Finest 71(1954).

I asked my Girlfriend about the German Green Lantern 76, as to why there were two different spellings for Green on the cover.

Grüne Laterne and Grüner Pfeil

She said the Adjective takes on the gender of the Noun. Lantern is neutral where as Arrow is masculine. Very interesting hm

But I really like how these foreign books start dialoge about different cultures :applause:

Is Detective 575 (renumbered as 1) the one representing my country? I don't recall that one coming out. Was it published by Atlas?

Why did you decide on 30? Is there no 31st country to represent?

A nice collection in any case.

There are more but I only have 30 countries representing comics. Im in process of a Hebrew Superman right now but I do not have it yet. I will check the Detective 575 and let you know....

Thanks for sharing :)

I really appreciate the different cultures and artwork.

I asked my Girlfriend about the German Green Lantern 76, as to why there were two different spellings for Green on the cover.

She said the Adjective takes on the gender of the Noun. Lantern is neutral where as Arrow is masculine. Very interesting hm

But I really like how these foreign books start dialoge about different cultures :applause:

i definitely did not know that... even the same comics in language Spanish is in different dialects when compared to Argentina, Mexico, and Spain.

i definitely did not know that... even the same comics in language Spanish is in different dialects when compared to Argentina, Mexico, and Spain.

Same as the French language in France compared to Quebec.

Friends of ours traveling in Costa Rica stopped in a village and asked to use the bathroom at a shop. They apparently weren't asking for the bathroom, but they were asking for a shower, because of the difference in Spanish dialect lol

The native spanish language and culture in San Antonio, Texas is like night and day compared to here in Los Angeles.

The wonderful thing about foreign comics is you keep learning of new books that exist. My dream grail book is a Mexican Superman 76. It came out 3 months after the original in 1952. Incredibly remarkable key book that i imagine there are none in the United States or CGC

Almost! (thumbs u

Lantern is feminine and Arrow is indeed masculine. How come your GF knows German?

Her dad Immigrated to the US when he was 8 from Germany, so she has sort of taught herself. Though she agree's with you that the "e" would make it feminine, she now tells me she wasn't 100% sure lol