• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED: MARVEL PREVIEW 4 (1ST STAR-LORD) AND 7 (1ST ROCKET RACOON!)

12 posts in this topic

All the usual stips, PM an "I'll take it" is ok if you don't want others knowing your bizness, etc. -- if someone buys a single issue first, that has to trump an "I'll take it" for the group. Paypal, money order, gold, cash ok. No shamers/probies.

Okeedoke, shipping in the USA is included in the price, more for Canada/UK and I'd need delivery confirmation and insurance as part of the cost (so no under reporting on customs either...sorry):

First up, Marvel Preview 7, the generally accepted 1st Rocket Racoon (several years before Hulk 271). I grade it at a 7.0 F/VF and would like $160 for it:

preview7001_zpsc323e29d.jpg

Next up, Marvel Preview 4, 1st Star-Lord, I also grade it at a 7.0 F/VF and would like $125 for it:

preview4001_zps307b4da9.jpg

Alright, I'll lower the lot price from $270, I can do both for $260 and I toss in a nice later Marvel Preview/Star-Lord issue as well.

the same could be said of a lot of books. i sold two lower grade copies of IM 55 for $140-$160 that each had price tags of $10 or less on them from my old shop, which means i paid less than half that because i got a minimum 50% discount on anything below VF.

the same could be said of a lot of books. i sold two lower grade copies of IM 55 for $140-$160 that each had price tags of $10 or less on them from my old shop, which means i paid less than half that because i got a minimum 50% discount on anything below VF.

Yeah IM55 was a 3 dollar book a couple of years ago in F.

CGC may not have listed it on slabs encapsulated more than 4 months ago because nobody cared?

MARVEL says Preview 7 is the 1st app:

http://marvel.com/universe/Rocket_Raccoon

The character is in Marvel Preview 7, not just his tail or his foot or whatever. He spends about 10 pages smoking a cigar, carrying a blaster and making wisecracks. It's not a cameo or anything like that.

I have never heard of a comic vs. magazine 1st app distinction before this as the magazines are all part of the continuity as far as I know (not that it should make a difference if they weren't given that continuity is practically meaningless nowadays, but I don't think this is a Batman Adventures 12 vs. Batman: Harley Quinn distinction, the fist app is the first app). Look at CGC slabs of Savage Tales #1 and they all say "1st app of Man Thing", ditto Preview 4 (1st star-lord) so in the past CGC has not made such a distinction between comics and magazines. And, honestly, I don't know why a magazine size comic isn't a "comic" anyway, that makes no sense. many golden age comics are almost the same size as magazines anyway.

Preview 7 is like 6 years before Hulk 271, it's not even close. I'm not knocking 271, but these are what they are.

I'll put some up tomorrow. I'm pooped. For some reason 2 bottles of champagne made me hyper when I get home so I've been playing on the computer, but now it has hit me and i need to sleep.