• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

69 posts in this topic

I have had the same problem when trying to sell NM Gladstone books. But for me it is worse, as there are also higher shipping costs, so I’ll see – I may try lots priced cheaply.

I did not imply to suggest a research: when I listed my Uncle Scrooge, I just checked the indicia within the book when doing the scan, and noted if it contained a Barks story, or some Gutemberghus group unpublished work.

It may just take a bit more for someone to notice them… if you are not in a hurry I would bump the thread here and there. It‘s clear that people are not striving for Disney comics, except early Mickey Mouse Magazines or Barks first editions maybe?

More correctly, we folks in Italy (and also the Gutemberghus group in the nordic countries, to a different degree) had created a global market for Disney comics, starting as early as the late 1930s, otherwise very likely Disney comics would have more or less died of natural death.

I am really sorry Disney is paying so little attention to comics, to the point you currently do not even have running titles. There is an astonishing number of classic stories from the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s which have never been published in english, and new material is constantly produced here in huge quantities.

Our leading Disney title, "Topolino" (libretto) reached issue 3000 in 2013:

topolino-vari.png

166053_10151605763228088_431737134_n.jpg

Wow, 3000 huh? Well, Boom! Studios was putting out Disney books for a few years that were pretty popular I believe, but since Disney owns Marvel now, I'm assuming they will eventually start putting out books again under that company at some point.

The italian publisher of Marvel (Panini) has already picked up the publishing chores here (previously handled by a division of Disney itself, since 1988) – they are doing quite aggressive marketing to involve more collectors which like "variant covers" et al: a double edged sword, and it wasn’t needed, really.

I know Boom published some modern stories, including full cycles from the recent italian production, but there is so much quality stuff still missing that it’s like leaving aside Barks for publishing some lame brazilian stories (no offense meant to the brazilian production, but more than often was average).

Oh, well, let’s see – :D

Good luck with the sale! (thumbs u

The italian publisher of Marvel (Panini) has already picked up the publishing chores here (previously handled by a division of Disney itself, since 1988) they are doing quite aggressive marketing to involve more collectors which like "variant covers" et al: a double edged sword, and it wasnt needed, really.

I know Boom published some modern stories, including full cycles from the recent italian production, but there is so much quality stuff still missing that its like leaving aside Barks for publishing some lame brazilian stories (no offense meant to the brazilian production, but more than often was average).

Oh, well, lets see :D

Good luck with the sale! (thumbs u

I don't think luck is on my side in this sale but thanks. I did sell the Archie's, so that is cool at least.