• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicBoard.com Censorship

28 posts in this topic

I can understand how some mods would want a more controlled environment. What blows my mind is that you were simply banned. If I have read your posts correctly, you did not receive any "strikes" or some other type of warning? It seems incredibly foolish to invite a diverse group of people to participate in discussions on a topic that they are passionate about and not expect some level of heated debate. How can those debates be reasonably monitored if there is not a standard system of warnings. confused.gif

How can those debates be reasonably monitored if there is not a standard system of warnings. confused.gif

You can maintain said level tone of discussion if the participants are a bunch of lovey dovey, spineless, edge-of-the-fence-sitting 'castrati', so the moderators have an easy time of it when there are mindless wusses posting to their boards smile.gif

Fang is the hack. Dictator Hack. I got banned off there too. I actually do understand the need to be civil to one another, and that should be. And I think it is probably against decency to talk about a writer or editors family in a bad way, it shouldn't be done (they ain't hurt nobody). But since when can't you call a hack a hack? Looking negatively upon a book or a comic, a lot of the times it's impossible not to comment on the author's ability (or lack of common sense). I reviewed issue 502 and I considered it "a hack like story". I didn't wish death upon anyone, I've never insulted or argued with another poster, but calling a story "hack like" is too much to bear for someone like Fang. There was NO warning, no nothing, just an inability to access the site. Luckily there are other Avenger boards where the moderators don't abuse their "power".

Fang is the hack. Dictator Hack. I got banned off there too. I actually do understand the need to be civil to one another, and that should be. And I think it is probably against decency to talk about a writer or editors family in a bad way, it shouldn't be done (they ain't hurt nobody). But since when can't you call a hack a hack? Looking negatively upon a book or a comic, a lot of the times it's impossible not to comment on the author's ability (or lack of common sense). I reviewed issue 502 and I considered it "a hack like story". I didn't wish death upon anyone, I've never insulted or argued with another poster, but calling a story "hack like" is too much to bear for someone like Fang. There was NO warning, no nothing, just an inability to access the site. Luckily there are other Avenger boards where the moderators don't abuse their "power".

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

Like that Avatar there. The mods here are cool as long as you don't act the fool. Seem like on

the other site(cpg) there a real revolt towards the mods and their "Your Out Of Here " approach.

Hope it stays there. So what brings you here???

Actually, I just did a google for reviews of that pile of [#@$%!!!] Avengers 503 and this site came up. In fairness to my friends I have been ranting to for months, I thought I'd balance my anger rants with a positive review. I can't find one. I'm sure one must exist. Ha ha. Even Gigli had a few good reviews.

Actually, I just did a google for reviews of that pile of [#@$%!!!] Avengers 503 and this site came up. In fairness to my friends I have been ranting to for months, I thought I'd balance my anger rants with a positive review. I can't find one. I'm sure one must exist. Ha ha. Even Gigli had a few good reviews.

Loved your rant in the Avengers Disassembled thread. thumbsup2.gif As long as you can keep it

witty and funny you got the floor(you may face some that may like? Avengers 503), so rant on.