• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Marvel character death - SPOILERS inside

36 posts in this topic

Here's my guess as to what Marvel is up to.....

They kill the Watcher.

Once dead, nothing in the Marvel Universe is being observed/recorded anymore....so no more Marvel stories.

No Marvel comics are printed until 'The Resurrection' about 30 days later.

The readers have no idea what happened during 'The Black Out', and Marvel spends the next 12 months capitalizing on the confusion. :idea:

I have a sneaking suspicion we are heading toward a Marvel Universe reboot in the not too distant future.

Welcome back Gwen Stacy!

It's like you were hardly gone.

Gwendolyne_Stacy_(Earth-616)_0001_Fan_Art.jpg

They kill the Watcher.

Once dead, nothing in the Marvel Universe is being observed/recorded anymore....so no more Marvel stories.

The readers have no idea what happened during 'The Black Out', and Marvel spends the next 12 months capitalizing on the confusion. :idea:

I have a sneaking suspicion we are heading toward a Marvel Universe reboot in the not too distant future.

[font:Book Antiqua]It's about time for a complete reboot,

the continuity is too convoluted right now...

[/font]

2c

Isn't this supposed to happen in another Deadpool kills, something or other? I'm sure I saw a preview somewhere....

Also, maybe its just me, but I don't really have any interest in the watcher... I kind of forgot he was around until this thread.

I think creation of second or third realities/worlds is a great way to explore characters and when done kill them off with no resurrection.

Miles is an interesting Spiderman, Damian would be an interesting batman, I think anyone would be a more interesting aquaman. I love the originals, and I think the general idea of the ultimate universe is great, like DCs earth 2, but I don't think the storylines were on par for the most part.

Everyone knows deaths in comics are a joke. It really hurts the industry IMHO.

rantrant

They kill the Watcher.

[font:Book Antiqua]It's about time for a complete reboot,

the continuity is too convoluted right now...

[/font]

2c

It almost happened in the late 90's...before Quesada took over :(