• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions On This Hulk?

27 posts in this topic

Where did you find this beauty? Technically, I think you've got a 9.0, but I could see the overwhelming perfection garnering a 9.2 easily. It IS the BC AND it is a tiny NCBC - A better book than many 9.4's I have seen. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Some guy keeps showing up every once in awhile with apple boxes crazy.gif stuffed with books. My LCS calls me and we go through them. He supposedly has tons from early 70s to early 80s but gets rid of a few at a time confused-smiley-013.gif for some strange reason.

None of these have a backing boards and 90% are not even bagged foreheadslap.gif and about 45% look absolutely beautiful blush.gif.

Some guy keeps showing up every once in awhile with apple boxes crazy.gif stuffed with books. My LCS calls me and we go through them. He supposedly has tons from early 70s to early 80s but gets rid of a few at a time confused-smiley-013.gif for some strange reason.

None of these have a backing boards and 90% are not even bagged foreheadslap.gif and about 45% look absolutely beautiful blush.gif.

Aha! The "Apple Box" pedigree! You're tight with your LCS guy, I see. thumbsup2.gif

Where did you find this beauty? Technically, I think you've got a 9.0, but I could see the overwhelming perfection garnering a 9.2 easily. It IS the BC AND it is a tiny NCBC - A better book than many 9.4's I have seen. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Agree 100%. 9.0 with a shot at 9.2. The colors on that book are exceptional, and the QP ain't bad. Beautiful! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Agree 100%. 9.0 with a shot at 9.2. The colors on that book are exceptional, and the QP ain't bad. Beautiful! 893applaud-thumb.gif

BTW -- this could be a candidate for Matt Nelson. That back corner crease could probably be pressed out, in which case the book could go 9.4.

Are the pages affected by the impact? If the book is bent (front cover doesn't show it, but the back cover makes it appear as such) from that impact then it might fall below a 9.0, otherwise a 9.0 or 9.2 is plausible. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Agree 100%. 9.0 with a shot at 9.2. The colors on that book are exceptional, as is the QP. Beautiful!

I won't disagree with the Master Grader.

thumbsup2.gif

me niether - a nice pressing would almost certainly garner a 9.2 at least.........

however, the QP does suffer from a pretty serious miswrap, albeit only seen on the back cover.............. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pages are not affected, smile.gif

Pressing?? how is this done? and cost? is it worth it on this book seeing I paid just over 500 for it.

I would definately send that back corner to be pressed. Cost is about $70 IIRC.

That $70 investment would double the value of the book (at least).

Gorgeous book.

Agree 100%. 9.0 with a shot at 9.2. The colors on that book are exceptional, as is the QP. Beautiful!

thumbsup2.gif

me niether - a nice pressing would almost certainly garner a 9.2 at least.........

however, the QP does suffer from a pretty serious miswrap, albeit only seen on the back cover.............. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve copied my post before I edited it. I replied too quickly based on the front, then went back and looked at the back and tried to change it before anyone could see it. blush.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Now that you mention it, I just remembered something that you might find amusing.

On the original cover art for this book, the "Marvel Comics Group" banner was accidentally placed on the board at an angle, so a "perfect" QP copy looks like it has a slanted miswrap because the banner angles up to the right. The back cover angled miswrap on Nikos' copy actually straightens out the top banner, which makes the front cover look better than it does on a "perfect QP" copy. Weird, huh? 27_laughing.gif