• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,248 posts in this topic

Eric, do you know who did the cover "Green Light For Death"? I've seen that style before, and it seems some of these cover artists were rather prolific. I recognize some of them from the Pulp genre. Thanks for posting these, Message boards like this are the only way some of these would ever be pointed out. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 11/29/2023 at 11:07 AM, jimjum12 said:

Eric, do you know who did the cover "Green Light For Death"? I've seen that style before, and it seems some of these cover artists were rather prolific. I recognize some of them from the Pulp genre. Thanks for posting these, Message boards like this are the only way some of these would ever be pointed out. GOD BLESS ... 

I don't know off the top of my head, I can't recall if @Surfing Alien named the artist in the sales thread.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:18 PM, OtherEric said:

I don't know off the top of my head, I can't recall if @Surfing Alien named the artist in the sales thread.

I googled it. 

The cover artist for that one was:

VICTOR KALIN

I was sure I knew him, but I was wrong. This is my first exposure to his work. GOD BLESS .... 

Edited by jimjum12

I'm just looking him up right now, too, Jimbo :D

https://www.victorkalin.com/

This is the family site (daughter?).  Absolutely love it when families do this for artists, sharing great info.  The links section is really good to all the blog posts out there, etc.

I've got this one he did for Impulse.

d93b30_c2288d9203bd4bae8b534e153d6dafd7.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:36 PM, Darwination said:

This is the family site (daughter?).  Absolutely love it when families do this for artists, sharing great info.  The links section is really good to all the blog posts out there, etc.

Might be the same site. The one I had actually had a link to send an inquiry for purchasing Original Art. There were also quite a few lithographs available. GOD BLESS ... 

jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu 

On 11/29/2023 at 2:36 PM, Darwination said:

Such a great tribute. I love these family sites as well. There's no one who can add the color to the artists life like family can. Kalin was quite versatile. Although this Kane cover was done, i'm sure intentionally, in the McGinnis style, he did a lot of stylized covers with other looks.