• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink - January bargains?

70 posts in this topic

I see a few things I like, but nothing with a wow factor for me. I'll probably put in a few low ball bids, and save my money on the Heritage auction at the end of the month.

I dislike the fees Heritage charges. When you get into the higher range for prices, they charge a very large amount compared to CL.

I see a few things I like, but nothing with a wow factor for me. I'll probably put in a few low ball bids, and save my money on the Heritage auction at the end of the month.

I dislike the fees Heritage charges. When you get into the higher range for prices, they charge a very large amount compared to CL.

Heritage NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN! As a buyer OR seller.

dear lord, it's remarkable this is brought up so often. factor the BP into your bid, they even do it for you on the website. bid what you're willing to pay.

+1

+1

I gave them a book that I bought for 17k and they sold it for 22k. I still lost around $1500 on it... Seriously. Their fees are INSANE. I sent them the book in mid August. I bought another book and used it as credit. It's late January and I still am waiting for my book.... I give them credit. That invoice came super fast for payment due.

dear lord, it's remarkable this is brought up so often. factor the BP into your bid, they even do it for you on the website. bid what you're willing to pay.

I hear you, and yes this is what people always say ... but the point is because of the high fees, it seems like their sell prices are usually higher than elsewhere. I often browse each week but hardly ever place bids due to the high prices.

And as a seller, why would you ever sell on Heritage with such a large percentage going to the auction company?

I don't understand how Heritage justifies its high fees. It's not like they do more marketing than other companies.

+1

I gave them a book that I bought for 17k and they sold it for 22k. I still lost around $1500 on it... Seriously. Their fees are INSANE. I sent them the book in mid August. I bought another book and used it as credit. It's late January and I still am waiting for my book.... I give them credit. That invoice came super fast for payment due.

Probably would have been reaching out to someone like Borock or an account rep to help get some resolution a few months back? Not making excuses for the feet dragging because who knows what the circumstances but Steve to his credit has been pretty good from what I gather and resolving these sorts of issues. Just a thought.

I just sold my FF #5 6.5 on comic link any boardie get that one?

I bought something on Heritage Auction last week for the first time ever ( likely the last). I did not watch the auction end but I kinda feel like the bid got walked up at the end it was a real odd number and it ended right at that odd #.Either way I highly doubt I will pay those premiums again