• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Boyd / Comic Book Lounge SS Opps thread

81 posts in this topic

I am going to be attending C2E2 in Chicago on April 25-27

Please contact me if you are in the Toronto area and looking for anyone from this event as I'll be taking some requests for comic book creators.

Thanks,

Kevin

Got back last night, nice to see everyone again. My only disappointment was in learning Scott Snyder's signing experiences on Saturday led to him deciding not to return to his booth again on Sunday.

I heard from a few folks that people were showing up with giant stacks of books for him to sign and he got annoyed, eventually setting a 10 book per person limit, stating anyone that puts more than 10 in front of him would get get none done. On Sunday he wrote on his card that he would not be back signing again.

I heard from a few folks that people were showing up with giant stacks of books for him to sign and he got annoyed, eventually setting a 10 book per person limit, stating anyone that puts more than 10 in front of him would get get none done. On Sunday he wrote on his card that he would not be back signing again.

I would of thought he already had that in place. Last I knew Capullo had a 3 book limit then you head to to the back of the line. Some artists and writers will sign the first book for free and after that charge for the remaining books per sig. Either way I do not think that is a good enough reason for him to cancel his last day.

The 10 book limit was in place all weekend. I think that Saturday the line was around 500 people long. Scott had his family in town so he was running a little late. Needless to say the people in line for the most part were not very respectful of the whole situation. There were several people from what I heard toward the end of the day that were arguing with C2E2 volunteers and Scott himself about the book limit.

Totally uncalled for, Scott is one of the nicest guys I have ever met at a show. And im sure its not easy doing a con, being as popular as him, and having two kids and your wife with you. People should have behaved better.

A couple of people in line were nice enough to drop a nice amount of cash on Scott in thanks for signing the comics. I saw one guy give him $100. That's the way it should be done. Showing respect gains respect.

I wonder if the people dropping 75 copies of the same book in front of Scott had the courtesy to do the same.

It was probably some greedy people that ruined it for all the others.

A couple of people in line were nice enough to drop a nice amount of cash on Scott in thanks for signing the comics. I saw one guy give him $100. That's the way it should be done. Showing respect gains respect.

I wonder if the people dropping 75 copies of the same book in front of Scott had the courtesy to do the same.

It was probably some greedy people that ruined it for all the others.

+1

I agree, people should have been more respectful. I've always found him to be a pleasant guy in person, and I saw him arrive on Saturday with his family.

It's an interesting situation, in that he was given a booth to sign at rather than a table in the designated signing area (like Tony Daniel chose to do). Generally creators who have a booth are responsible for managing their own limits and lines, and the show staff step in when the lines get long and start potentially blocking others... they'll place a volunteer to make sure the lines are manageable, as was the case with Scott's booth. Thankfully they did not place anyone behind him so the line could safely wrap around (at least for a good 40-50 people before interfering with other booth space)

However, signing limits are not the purview of the show management, so that's crazy that anyone would take the convention to task over that. 10 is very generous actually, with crowds like that anywhere from 2 to 5 items would be fair.

I have no idea who the people were that annoyed him, I heard about it from facilitators and friends who were in line watching on Saturday.

It's too bad, I had one book for him, and left it until Sunday to get, but it was only one book, so I didn't worry much about it. I was just sorry to hear that he decided not to sign on Sunday because of his negative experiences on Saturday.

I was honestly very surprised that the show did not provide Tony Daniel with a volunteer/handler to manage his line in the signing area.

I had the privilege to help Scott out at the VIP signing on Sunday and he didn't mention anything about getting pissed about stacks of books. I did ask him if he was going back to his booth and he said that after the VIP signing he was going to hang with his family. To me it sounded like from the start of the weekend he was never planning on going back to his booth after his commitment to the VIP attendees.

But most of us see it coming that tight limits are on the way

It was great seeing all of you! :foryou:

And i was happy to hear that Kev got back to the hotel safe after dinner the night of the "nicking" ^^