• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy # 15 CGC Signature Series 5.0 for sale

25 posts in this topic

I find myself in a situation that I am considering selling off this book. I don't need to sell, but based on data that I've seen, believe that $20,000 is a reasonable price. The book is a stunning copy and the cover has me wondering why it was only 5.0, since it is stunning and looks to be higher. The case is flawless, having remains in the plastic sleeve I received it back from the company in.

Originally assigned a CGC 5.0 without signature with ID # 0135714001 and I took it to Baltimore 3 years ago to get it signed by Stan Lee and reslabbed.

Original notes from CGC, when I called were:

* small stains top, back cover

* wear/small tears front/back edges

* 3" crease to top front cover, barely breaks color

* small stain top right front

* thin 2" crease upper spine front, barely breaks color

New ID # 1024782001

Any feedback, thoughts or offers of 20k are appreciated! :)

image.jpg]Amazing Fantasy #15 5.0 signed[/url] <a  href=image-1.jpg' alt='image-1.jpg'>

That is a beautiful book, and should sell readily.

The stains mentioned are the key defect. Any stains are a complete unknown as far as grading, CGC subjectively decides if they are worth a huge drop in grade, or virtually nothing. Without any stains I'd like that book for a 6.0 maybe, a solid Fine copy.

GLWTS,

I hear ya. I must admit, I was sweating just a bit when I turned over this book for signing and then awaiting it's shipped return to me. I was warned ahead of time that it may be graded higher, but also could come back lower than its original grading.

A side note... Took a peek at your kudos thread and was pleased to see that you are a fellow Webhead fan. :)

I hear ya. I must admit, I was sweating just a bit when I turned over this book for signing and then awaiting it's shipped return to me. I was warned ahead of time that it may be graded higher, but also could come back lower than its original grading.

A side note... Took a peek at your kudos thread and was pleased to see that you are a fellow Webhead fan. :)

Thanks Fred, I worried also when I sent my two AF15's for Stan to sign. The grades stayed the same which is good.

Interesting Fred, I like the date Stan signed your book. It sounded like when mine was done too, I checked and see he signed mine four days earlier than the 10/10/10 date.