• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boba Fett is Now a Bounty Hunter for Disney - And He's Coming for Us

55 posts in this topic

I hope it's not a prequel. I find them boring in general.

I want the movie to start with Fett's escape from the Sarlacc pit, because I have no idea how they'd pull that one off.

I hope it's not a prequel. I find them boring in general.

I want the movie to start with Fett's escape from the Sarlacc pit, because I have no idea how they'd pull that one off.

hm

Though no one in recorded history had ever escaped from the Sarlacc, Fett was able to escape, though not unscathed. Thanks to his iron will and Mandalorian armor, he was able to fight his way out of the beast's belly, and later killed the Sarlacc. Back in action, he resumed his work as a bounty hunter.

Amazing the lens of a collector, I'm a big Fett fan so I should be happy t see this. That said as I made my collecting plans for this year I decided I wanted high grade CGC's for his 1st appearance and Origin issues as well as some SS books from Jeremy Bulloch. Hence the collector in me hates this announcement as I'm about to pay a lot more for those items!

What comic book is Boba Fett's origin issue? Star Wars 68? That story has been invalidated by the Episode II: Attack of the Clones and the Clone Wars cartoons. I don't think it counts for much more than an elseworld story these days. Also consider Boba Fett appears in exactly 1 panel in that comic as a flashback. And it's not an origin. The only substantial Boba Fett story in the Marvel title is Star Wars 81 where Boba Fett escapes from the Sarlaac pit, only to be dumped back into it by the end of the story.

The only Boba Fett origin I'm aware of is the Attack of the Clones adaptation. And that TPB (or mini-series) like all the other movie adaptation, is pretty easy to find and can routinely be bought for $1-5.

Will those POTF 1/2 circle Fetts I have in my closet finally be worth something?

The MOC SW 20 and 21 Backs are going to be the rock stars as far as toy figures are concerned.

Yes unfortunately I don't think those 90's POTF figures, (that look like He-Man) will ever be worth anything. :( Trust me I have been down that road and it's not a pretty scene. :sick:

Will those POTF 1/2 circle Fetts I have in my closet finally be worth something?

The MOC SW 20 and 21 Backs are going to be the rock stars as far as toy figures are concerned.

Yes unfortunately I don't think those 90's POTF figures, (that look like He-Man) will ever be worth anything. :( Trust me I have been down that road and it's not a pretty scene. :sick:

There are thousands and thousands of those figures MOMC. Not necessarily the variants (although they are not that uncommon either), but the Hasbro POTF line will never be valued like the original Kenner line.

I hope they can acquire a writer brilliant enough to have Boba Fett stand out without having to have him speak.

Part of his mystique and allure was that he didn't need to talk to be a bad .

Like WALL*E?