• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boba Fett is Now a Bounty Hunter for Disney - And He's Coming for Us

55 posts in this topic

In case you haven't heard... Boba Fett: The Movie

200px-FettbobaJB.png

Boba Fett: The Movie

First things first: John Schnepp is not the last word on the mystery Star Wars films. He refused to cite his source, yet was bold enough to say in an AMC movie talk interview that he "knows for a fact" that Boba Fett is getting his own film. This is still a rumor until confirmed by Disney, but if nothing else, it's a really good rumor.

As long as the Star Wars Universe remained under Lucasfilm, a Boba Fett solo film was unlikely. The six released films have all centered on a single story: the Sith vs. the Jedi with the entire fate of the galaxy at stake. These films don't center on any one person. There are stars such as Darth Vadar and Han Solo, but they are only important as they relate to the story itself. For this reason, Disney's plan of character-based solo films -- such as Boba Fett, Yoda, or Han Solo -- is a sharp deviation from the Star Wars films historically.

It may seem strange that a character who's appearance in the Star Wars films was very brief (and his dialogue even briefer) would even be a consideration for a solo film. But in reality the character has quite a cult following. Fandomania.com ranked him the 84th greatest fictional character of all-time -- just below Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz -- which makes a solo film seem viable.

:news:FULL ARTICLE

I can't wait to bump this thread when everyone freaks out because they've destroyed Boba Fett's character in his solo movie.

haters1.jpg

lol

I'm sorry. I had to. It's Friday.

:foryou:

:applause:

I'm just kidding around. I can appreciate Fett fans being excited. Plus, getting the franchise away from Lucas' sausage fingers is the best thing that has happened to Star Wars since Dark Horse started publishing their comics.

I'm just kidding around. I can appreciate Fett fans being excited. Plus, getting the franchise away from Lucas' sausage fingers is the best thing that has happened to Star Wars since Dark Horse started publishing their comics.

sausage_fingers-1.jpg

sausage_fingers-1.jpg

Man, those look like Ben Grimm's fingers!

Having him talk alot, as may be necessary to carry the film, might be enough to "ruin" the character for quite a few fans.

It's kind similar to the Original Three's portrayal of Darth Vader and the New Three's portrayal of Anakin Skywalker. Vader had an element of mystery that made him so ominous and powerful. The new trilogy showed how he got there.

Doing the same with Boba could be great and could be terrible. Let's just hope for the former. :wishluck: I haven't read any of the Boba Fett comics, but read about them and they look really interesting. I'll have to pick up a tpb at some point. hm

Amazing the lens of a collector, I'm a big Fett fan so I should be happy t see this. That said as I made my collecting plans for this year I decided I wanted high grade CGC's for his 1st appearance and Origin issues as well as some SS books from Jeremy Bulloch. Hence the collector in me hates this announcement as I'm about to pay a lot more for those items!