• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kids and Comics, Keeping Peace in the Household

21 posts in this topic

So my wife and I are expecting our first child, and I'm thinking about how to keep the little grubber out of my pretty pretties. Yes, that's a few years away, but hey, never hurts to plan ahead, right?

So for you parents out there, how did you manage having collectibles in the house, collectibles that are markedly appealing to those young'uns? Did you lock things away? Give them some comics for them while teaching them hands-off the good stuff? Electric fencing?

Any help for a father-to-be is most welcome. Well, help on this topic, though other tips are welcome, too.

I wouldn't worry about it. The odds of your kid having any interest in your comics is just about zero. 2c You'll have more to worry about with electrical sockets, doors, cabinets, stoves, and small items within reach that they can put in their mouth.

Don't leave comics lying about. Keep them bagged, boarded, and boxed. That always worked for me.

Yep. This just about covers it.