• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Copper Age comic cover

155 posts in this topic

This is a great topic. I'd like to contribute, but I'm a little hazy on what exactly the "Copper Age" constitutes. When did it start? And when did it end?

Basically, 1980's books.

We've had all sorts of debates on when it started/ended. But, if you're just looking to post some fav covers just figure 1980's.

OK Thanks! I'll look around, I might have a few to contribute.

This is a great topic. I'd like to contribute, but I'm a little hazy on what exactly the "Copper Age" constitutes. When did it start? And when did it end?

Basically, 1980's books.

We've had all sorts of debates on when it started/ended. But, if you're just looking to post some fav covers just figure 1980's.

This and X-Men 213 are my faves of the CA, and this ASM is special because it literally got me back in comics after a bit of a hiatus. I remember walking by it at a 7-11 spiner rack, going back, looking over the killer cover again and then deciding to pick it up.

Before then, I hadn't bought a new comic since the end of the Byrne X-Men run (142, missed 143, barfed when I saw 144). At the time, it seemed like *forever* since I'd bought a comic, but it was really only 4+ years.

* Weird, I just checked comics.org to get the exact dates, and it turns out that X-Men 142 (February 1981) is *exactly* 4 years until Amazing Spider-man 261 (February 1985). You can't plan that kind of stuff.

29db6us.jpg

This one was always my favorite from the McFarlance Amazing run. Don't know why exactly. At the time, it may have had something to do with the fact that the snow looked more real to me because there were no ink outlines around it. I don't have quite the same fondness for it now as I did then.

314.jpg

This one was always my favorite from the McFarlance Amazing run. Don't know why exactly. At the time, it may have had something to do with the fact that the snow looked more real to me because there were no ink outlines around it. I don't have quite the same fondness for it now as I did then.

314.jpg

That's funny I actually loved that one back then as well. I even coughed up like $10 to grab it off the wall of some comic shop downtown in the mid 90s. Still have it. A little to do with the snow, funny cover, plus what kid doesn't like Christmas?