• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - CGC SS Sketches

8 posts in this topic

What's the story behind that hot fudge Sunday story on the Redskull book?

While considering ideas for an appropriate archenemy for Captain America, writer Joe Simon saw a hot fudge sundae melting and noticed it resembled a human figure. Inspired, Simon at first considered calling his new villain "Hot Fudge". However, as the cherry on top of the sundae seemed like an exposed skull, he finally decided on "Red Skull" as a more appropriate moniker.

The following was taken directly from Joe Simon's autobiography book:

Now we needed a villain for inside the comic, too. ... Even sitting at lunch, I was always thinking about heroes and villains, with all sorts of ideas swimming around in my head. Next thing I know, I had a hot fudge sundae sitting in front of me, with the vanilla ice cream, and the hot fudge is running down the side. It was intriguing.

The hot fudge looked like limbs—legs, feet, and hands—and I'm thinking to myself.

Gee, this'd make an interesting villain, I mused. We'll call him Hot Fudge ... Just put a face on him, and have him ooze all over the place.

You have to be stupid to be in this business. Nevertheless, I did some sketches, right then and there. And I Iooked at them.

Nah, I thought. Who would believe anything like that?

But I looked again at the sundae, and I saw the big cherry on top. The cherry looked like a skull.

"Wow," I said to myself. "Red Skull ... that sounds good." And it made a lot more sense.

No HOS and Probies.

:takeit: is King.

Paypal only.

Prices already include shipping via Fedex with tracking.

If you like anything just let me know, I am open to offers and bound to accept the best one I'd get, just send me a message.

For questions, PM me, Thanks!

Harvey Tolibao

$600

480874_4511463109057_2132737985_n.jpg

1003909_10200561164535989_855088796_n.jpg

I just drooled a bit... GLWTS