• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am calling out ebay seller Tictocnmore

33 posts in this topic

Doohickambob you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are talking about. Whenever there is a book on Ebay that I like, I ALWAYS ask for a page count unless the seller states it is complete or states how many pages it has. Usually when someone assumes something they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about, they are wrong. Next time get more facts before you make an assumption. I was not promoting anything. I was really trying to warn everyone. Maybe missing pages is not a big deal to you but it is major for me and since missing pages is not a big deal for you, remind me NEVER to buy a book from you either.

You have to understand his personality. Then forgive it.

That is the closest I'll probably ever get to you backing me up! Thanks nonetheless.

At least one of you has a personality.

You're missing at least 3 I can think of off the top of my head. SC, WW and SW. (thumbs u

Can you help out a newb with those ?

SparkleCity? WorldWide and............... :P

Thanks Peter !

You're missing at least 3 I can think of off the top of my head. SC, WW and SW. (thumbs u

Probably SuperWorld. As another shameless plug BC should also be added to the list.

Probably SuperWorld. As another shameless plug BC should also be added to the list.

Black Cat? hm

Tictocnmore has a great auction on Ebay right now. Some of the books he is selling are:

The Funnies 1

King comics 16, 20, 22, 27, 36

Western picture stories 4

Tip top 13

The comics 3-5

New comics 11, 12

Star comics 10

All of his books appear to be at least a fine if not better but when I asked him for a page count on the Star comics 10, he said he does not have time to count pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware on this auction everybody!

It occurs to me that this would be a great way to promote an auction to board members:

(1) Give name of seller so people can find him

(2) List everything for sale

(3) Mention the nice condition

(4) Complain about a relatively slight instance of rudeness -- "I do not have time to count pages." In the grand scheme of rude seller behavior, that is a pretty minor grievance. (Though a good seller who is familiar with the comics market would attempt to accommodate the question.)

(5) Tell everybody "beware"

(6) Sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done getting the word out about the auctions.

I just want to thank Bo Hogg for advertising this auction. I would have never noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out here on the boards.

Dohickamabob was right.... the negative advertisement became an amazing promotion.

I ended up winning 4 of the comics including the New Comics 10 & 11. 11 is a gerber 8 for goodness sake and I got it at a great price.

I wonder if the seller's story was true, about the comics being found under the floor during a renovation?

I couldn't believe the condition on these.

Tictocnmore has a great auction on Ebay right now. Some of the books he is selling are:

The Funnies 1

Tip top 13

The comics 3-5

New comics 11, 12

Star comics 10

All of his books appear to be at least a fine if not better but when I asked him for a page count on the Star comics 10, he said he does not have time to count pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It occurs to me that this would be a great way to promote an auction to board members:

(4) Complain about a relatively slight instance of rudeness -- "I do not have time to count pages." In the grand scheme of rude seller behavior, that is a pretty minor grievance. (Though a good seller who is familiar with the comics market would attempt to accommodate the question.)

(6) Sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done getting the word out about the auctions.

I just want to thank Bo Hogg for advertising this auction. I would have never noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out here on the boards.

Dohickamabob was right.... the negative advertisement became an amazing promotion.

I ended up winning 4 of the comics including the New Comics 10 & 11. 11 is a gerber 8 for goodness sake and I got it at a great price.

I wonder if the seller's story was true, about the comics being found under the floor during a renovation?

Same with me. :D

I was underbidder on several. Won this one:

84cb8fcd-41d3-4b50-9b78-185f01822128_zps4175c2ff.jpg

Not a book you see every day.

The Funnies 1

Tip top 13

The comics 3-5

New comics 11, 12

Star comics 10

Same with me. :D

I was underbidder on several. Won this one:

84cb8fcd-41d3-4b50-9b78-185f01822128_zps4175c2ff.jpg

Not a book you see every day.

I was the 2nd underbidder on that one. I really wasn't sure how to bid. I've never seen it before in my life, and it's in great shape!

It's a Gerber 8. My New Comics 11 is a Gerber 8 too.

Congrats on the win.

These are all from the "Birth of Comics as we know them today era" so I'm pretty stoked.

The Funnies 1

Tip top 13

The comics 3-5

New comics 11, 12

Star comics 10

Pics!!! :sumo:

The Funnies 1

Tip top 13

The comics 3-5

New comics 11, 12

Star comics 10

Pics!!! :sumo:

I'm too lazy to do anything but put the link. Take a look...

New Comics 10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221350699027?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

New Comics 11

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291053275638?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The Comics 3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380813261589?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649