• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is Amazing Spider-man 300 going for so much?

149 posts in this topic

Plus getting a 9.8 with that cover is not an easy thing. 2 of my copies only got 9.4's.

Not as hard as you thing. Go check out the one in the PGM forum.

That book is just insane, and I would *love* to see scans once it gets back from CGC. If that book is a 9.8 then my specu-stack hoard are 12's.

Plus getting a 9.8 with that cover is not an easy thing. 2 of my copies only got 9.4's.

That book is just insane, and I would *love* to see scans once it gets back from CGC. If that book is a 9.8 then my specu-stack hoard are 12's.

I'm sorry. I still do not believe it. I have a feeling the OP received all that feedback and then decided to send a better book in its place.

Even if those spine stress lines do not all break color, there were some deep indentations along the back that would bother me if I purchased that book as a 9.8 example.

I've been looking for a 9.6 white pager. The asking price on ebay for a 9.6 has been over $400 the past couple months. This books really shot through the roof lately... It could at least have waited until I got a nice copy. :grin: $400 for a 9.6 is nuts but seems to be the going rate...?

They were selling in 9.6 for around $150-$175 on here a few years ago. But then again, Batman Adventures 12 CGC 9.8 was selling for under $100 for a few years ago on here. Try and find that price now.

:ohnoez:

About 5 9.6 on clink prob get on there for 275-300. witch is about the going rate for last 18 months.

I've been looking for a 9.6 white pager. The asking price on ebay for a 9.6 has been over $400 the past couple months. This books really shot through the roof lately... It could at least have waited until I got a nice copy. :grin: $400 for a 9.6 is nuts but seems to be the going rate...?

They were selling in 9.6 for around $150-$175 on here a few years ago. But then again, Batman Adventures 12 CGC 9.8 was selling for under $100 for a few years ago on here. Try and find that price now.

About 5 9.6 on clink prob get on there for 275-300. witch is about the going rate for last 18 months.

I purchased a ASM 300 CGC 9.6 WP 14 months ago on here for $165 without any negotiation. What else do you want to quote me about outside of this market going higher?

I'm sorry. I still do not believe it. I have a feeling the OP received all that feedback and then decided to send a better book in its place.

Exactly, he spent $200 for a 9.0 from a 0-feedback seller and was a bit embarrassed, so he invented the whole 9.8 story. I have scanned thousands of books, and there is no way all those creases are "light reflection" and "were all pressed out".

You cannot make paper stress like that magically go away.

I purchased a ASM 300 CGC 9.6 WP 14 months ago on here for $165 without any negotiation. What else do you want to quote me about outside of this market going higher?

No I agree with you !. I was just saying that 9.8 is not 300 bucks and you can still get 9.6 for 250-300 if you shop not 400 plus. eBay prices are always higher than the other comic site.

Exactly, he spent $200 for a 9.0 from a 0-feedback seller and was a bit embarrassed, so he invented the whole 9.8 story. I have scanned thousands of books, and there is no way all those creases are "light reflection" and "were all pressed out".

You cannot make paper stress like that magically go away.

:boo: unless it got a face job ....

I was looking on EBAY and saw a few listed over $700

that seems like a crazy asking price

I get it's the 1st full app of Venom and he's one of the most popular spider-man villains, but there are a ton of high grade copies. Just a few months ago a 9.8 would cost around $300. Now a 9.8 could cost $700+

I don't get why 9.8s are going for over $600

It's only the original cover, the variant cover doesn't sell for near as much

At this point my only chance of getting a 9.8 would be to get a high grade raw copy and hope it hits the 9.8 mark

I wonder if Amazing Spider-man 361 will ever hit that point.

I would have bought EVERY copy available for $300 in 9.8 over the last year. Didn't happen. Copies are selling for over $700, and $600+ is in the rear view mirror for a long while. Especially with this movie business. Even though there are many copies of this book out there, it's a really tough 9.8 compared to most of the copper keys because of that back cover, front edge, and frequent bindery flaws. 361 won't come near it.

I would have bought EVERY copy available for $300 in 9.8 over the last year. Didn't happen. Copies are selling for over $700, and $600+ is in the rear view mirror for a long while. Especially with this movie business. Even though there are many copies of this book out there, it's a really tough 9.8 compared to most of the copper keys because of that back cover, front edge, and frequent bindery flaws. 361 won't come near it.

(worship)

I will do that later today. My work computer does not allow me to see photobucket and a couple of others.

I get it's the 1st full app of Venom and he's one of the most popular spider-man villains, but there are a ton of high grade copies. Just a few months ago a 9.8 would cost around $300. Now a 9.8 could cost $700+

At this point my only chance of getting a 9.8 would be to get a high grade raw copy and hope it hits the 9.8 mark

For what it's worth, I just sold my 9.8 for $825 + shipping. If I didn't need the $$ I would have held on to it longer for sure. I think we're on the way up with it... It still has room for more growth.

For what it's worth, I just sold my 9.8 for $825 + shipping. If I didn't need the $$ I would have held on to it longer for sure. I think we're on the way up with it... It still has room for more growth.

I had my best 9.8 copy for sale here not long ago for that price and it didn't sell. I'm glad it didn't.

$700 seems low actually, weren't there a couple of $1000+ sales a few months back?

It was over 1K when the whole spiderman 3 debacle was happening. With a solo movie happening, the price will go well over that (if it's good.)