• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

“Horse with a Gatling gun: Enough said!”

25 posts in this topic

Josh Brolin Hates ‘Jonah Hex’ More Than You Do

How did they screw up a movie with Megan Fox in a corset, Michael Fassbender with a face tattoo, and a horse with a Gatling gun? Josh “keep brolin brolin” Brolin laid the blame on director Jimmy Hayward. Says Brolin:

“I think [Jonah Hex] deserved that bashing for reasons that those critics will never know. We were almost ready to drop [the film] when this kid [Hayward] came up. He was an interesting young guy full of energy and he was obsessed with Jonah Hex. I thought, ‘This is either a really bad decision or a brilliant decision.’ Really bad… If I’m ever really rich, I’ll do that movie again. Seriously.”

Josh Brolin just went up another notch for me.

(worship)

I thought the movie failed because they didn't stay more true to the character. Hex was a bounty hunter in the mold of Clint Eastwood's early western movies. Just a tough, -kicking grizzled bounty hunter. He had no mystical abilities, he had no special weapons. Just the six shooter and the temperament of a bear with a toothache.

Pity, I very much enjoyed the comic books and wanted to see this movie succeed.

"If I’m ever really rich, I’ll do that movie again. Seriously.”

How many have ever wished that?

"If I'm ever really rich, I'm going to buy that Amazing Fantasy #15"

"If I'm ever really rich, I'm going to get that mink underwear" (Dice) :grin:

At least Josh Brolin is a fellow dreamer.

:cloud9:

Brolin lobbied for Hayward, so he takes part a big part of the blame. Also Neveldine and Taylor, the scriptwriters, are known for films that feel like video games, so why anyone thought they'd be right for the project is beyond me. It's pretty clear no one involved really understood the essence of the character, including Brolin.

(worship)

Why? Brolin was out there pimping this POS and stealing our money before it was released and but now that the movie, Blu-ray and DVD are all officially dead as revenue sources, and our money is in the studio bank accounts, suddenly he hates the movie and wants to "tell it like it is"?

Gimme a break. doh!

What exactly does Brolin consider really rich? hm

According to this, he's got a net worth of $35 million. That's more than enough to save the Goon Docks!

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/josh-brolin-net-worth/

Down right poor compared to Paul's $800 mil hm

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/paul-mccartney-net-worth/

and low compared to Stan the Man's $200 mil.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/authors/stan-lee-net-worth/

(worship)

Why? Brolin was out there pimping this POS and stealing our money before it was released and but now that the movie, Blu-ray and DVD are all officially dead as revenue sources, and our money is in the studio bank accounts, suddenly he hates the movie and wants to "tell it like it is"?

Gimme a break. doh!

pimping the movie is part of the contract actors sign to do the movie and get paid. You want your money you do what you are told. :(

Who knows what the masses will like and not like these days. While I think I have a good idea of what a good movie is it is only my opinion. I certainly would never have put a gattling gun attached to a saddle in this movie, but then I wouldn't have made crumbly suit Iron Man in IM3 and that movie made mega-millions. (shrug)

I hope the horse knows not to turn its head sharply in either direction.

:eek:

-slym

His first few horses died horribly. This horse was trained exhaustively with a non lethal gattling gun first to prepare him. :P