• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL Foreign Copper Thread!

158 posts in this topic

I've lost track. Are Define, Revat, and RMA meeting up at Phil's Parking Lot or ready for a group hug? ;)

Seriously though, the typed word can be one of the most misinterpreted forms of communication in existence. It's so easy to get offended and fired up. (happens to me, yes)

Are you saying I'm easily offended? What the heck Jeffro! I think you're a jerk now! :sumo:

:kidaround:

I've lost track. Are Define, Revat, and RMA meeting up at Phil's Parking Lot or ready for a group hug? ;)

Seriously though, the typed word can be one of the most misinterpreted forms of communication in existence. It's so easy to get offended and fired up. (happens to me, yes)

Are you saying I'm easily offended? What the heck Jeffro! I think you're a jerk now! :sumo:

:kidaround:

Im totally offended that im not invited to this circle jerk...

I think we have all come to an understanding.... (thumbs u

Some copper foreigns I quite enjoy from my collection......

Punny_limited1_copper.jpg

SPidey300_copper.jpg

1stCloakandDagger_copper.jpg

WOLvie1_copper.jpg

Wolvie1_Italian_Spain_Brazilcopper.jpg

This one is technically on the cusp of the sunset between the Bronze and Copper age but its a favorite.....

SPidey201_copper.jpg

Usagi_Swedencopper.jpeg

No Cloak in example 3 & we get "Capa & Daga!" in the last one!! :D

It's interesting when the words are part of the art & translated for foreign editions - any other examples like that or was this just done as a foreign because it is a semi-key book?

I know that series had some innovative cover/logo designs concepts for about a year after the Cloak & Dagger intro...

SpectacularSpider-Man066_small.jpgSpectacularSpider-Man069_small.jpgSpectacularSpider-Man070_small.jpgSpectacularSpider-Man072_small.jpgSpectacularSpider-Man077_small.jpg

It's interesting when the words are part of the art & translated for foreign editions - any other examples like that or was this just done as a foreign because it is a semi-key book?

I know that series had some innovative cover/logo designs concepts for about a year after the Cloak & Dagger intro...

SpectacularSpider-Man066_small.jpgSpectacularSpider-Man069_small.jpgSpectacularSpider-Man070_small.jpgSpectacularSpider-Man072_small.jpgSpectacularSpider-Man077_small.jpg

Yes, this type of stuff is quite interesting.... there are some other examples but I will have to try to find some.... hm

In the meantime I looked at some more Greek examples of those covers you shared and they didn't go quite so far in keeping with the same typography. (shrug)

SpiderManKabanas_0421.jpg

SpiderManKabanas_0417.jpg

Yes, this type of stuff is quite interesting.... there are some other examples but I will have to try to find some.... hm

In the meantime I looked at some more Greek examples of those covers you shared and they didn't go quite so far in keeping with the same typography. (shrug)

Thanks Define...those damn Greeks went with the standard logo, no effort at all !! doh!

Quite lazy IMHO. :insane::popcorn:

:jokealert:

Thanks Define...those damn Greeks went with the standard logo, no effort at all !! doh!

Quite lazy IMHO. :insane::popcorn:

:jokealert:

lol

Well Novedades, the Mexican publisher at the time, at least put the logo behind the mask similar to issue 70.....

mexico2.jpeg

They took the easy way out for issue 69 however and no perspective shift.... but the graffiti changed...

mexico.jpeg