• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Submission Packaging Questions

3 posts in this topic

Hey what's up everyone?! I'm submitting books to be graded for the first time and was looking to get everyone's opinion on packaging. I hope I'm packaging them securely enough.

1. The books are already bagged and boarded (three of them). I've put them in a sandwich bag.

2. I taped them (not too tight) to two card boards. One on the front and the other on the back.

3. I put them in bubble wrap and in a "comic book shipping box" I purchased from BCW.

They don't appear to move. I'll also be putting the packaged books in a larger box with peanut styrofoam. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! I'm crossing my fingers for 9.8's! Thanks!

image-5_zpscd59cee2.jpeg

image-4_zps61a3b707.jpeg

image-6_zps8a73d361.jpeg

image-2_zps5c446f5c.jpeg

image-3_zps7c5746f9.jpeg

This thread is the best one to learn how to ship comics.

LINK: How to pack your books for shipping by Boozad

I especially like the idea of pull tabs on the tape. Remember, not only do the books have to survive getting there through the USPS hands, but the receiver has to be able to unpack your packing without damaging your books.

Good luck on your submission!