• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT # 1 going for big Moolah!

9 posts in this topic

I have numbers 1-5 I never, ever thought they would be worth anything. My nephew liked them when he was a very young boy. Look's like I owe him a dinner. Mine were bought, and put away. Havent even looked at them in over 10 + years...

Cowabunga Dude!!!!!!!

You guys are joking right? TMNT is a HUGE franchise that STARTED in comics. Even beyond the multimedia, multimillion dollar franchise (how many kids tonight are dressed as one of the turtles?), the comic itself is one of the most important/significant/landmark books published in the 80s. First prints in high grade are tough to find and first prints, in any grade, aren't all that easy.

To compare this book to a plentiful merchandising effort like Transformers #1 is silly.

"I can only hope other books like this get the high dollars this book is getting."

Name ONE other book like this.

You get no arguments from me Rob about the significance of a 1st print TMNT # 1, nor it's scarcity in high grade. I'm just at that age where a book from the 80s (ANY book from the 80s) going for near $2,000 is a jaw-dropper.

The 9.8 Albedo #2 must have been a fun one for you as well 27_laughing.gif

I was really speaking to the folks that were talking about Transformers #1, etc.

I do actually think this price is a little ahead of itself, as a 9.6 went for $3500. But if any book from the 80s is going to sell for big bucks it should be this one.