• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are sets needed?

3 posts in this topic

So, I'm a newbie here and I just added all my comics to the registry. I am curious as to why we needed to create individual/personalized sets. Why can I not just type in the registered certificate number, and have all of its info pop up under my name and be done with it? And why are they called "competitive sets"?

Some, like myself, like to personalize our sets. It is referred to as "competitive sets" because there is an annual award for each set and then overall awards for best sets by collecting age.

Some, like myself, like to personalize our sets. It is referred to as "competitive sets" because there is an annual award for each set and then overall awards for best sets by collecting age.

This exactly. And also to show off your collection, and be numero uno, head hancho, etc.

If you notice Brangets sig line as well as mine, you'll see what we have in our registry. Plus what you said about the certificate number being in your name only, well if it was like that then you wouldn't be able to sell/trade with another collector and they couldn't use your book because it has your name on it. If that's what you mean.

You wanna see a sick registry set that possibly could be the best modern comic set known to mankind? IMO only..... I call it the "Try and Beat Me Set". lol

Good luck trying to beat this set