• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD and CLOSED!!! The Atom #1 Fine-ish, with Sweet Sweet Resto!!!

10 posts in this topic

All the standard Boards rules apply:

* No PLers, HoSers, or Boardies I don't trust (fear not, there's very little chance that this includes you :foryou:)

* I'll ecstatically entertain any offers, but :takeit: right here in the thread trumps all.

* Paypal is preferred, but if for some reason you want to pay in some other way, I'll have to wait for checks or whatever to clear before shipping.

* Shipping will be exact cost. If you're in the US, chances are that means $12.35 for USPS Priority Flat Rate. If you're outside the US, we'll figure it out together.

So, here's a nice looking copy of The Atom #1, I'd say it's 6.0ish. There's some resto going on, about which I don't know as much as I wish I did. It looks like the staples have been moved or replaced, as I can see other staple holes on interior pages right near the current staples. There's a crease on the lower left corner of the back cover that's been minimized in some way. And if you look at the photo of the first page, you can see some reinforcement or something of the lower spine of the first page. So, obviously it's been worked on. I ran it by Matt Nelson at NYCC a couple years ago, and he told me a bunch of stuff I've since forgotten, but the upshot was, "Yeah dude, this thing's been restored." :)

It looks like a respectable Atom 1 in 5.5 or 6.0 goes for somewhere around $200 ... so let's call this one $75 SOLD.

hp3i.jpg

gox5.jpg

8yu5.jpg

Now, I know what you're thinking: "There's no way he's selling such a sweet comic for so cheap!! What's the catch, no mylar?"

You could not be more wrong, Bro!! Not only is there mylar involved, we're talking about an official Full Back and Mylites2!! :whatthe:

Now you're thinking, "Okay, so there's mylar, big whoop wanna fight? The worst thing in this world is opening a nice big package and finding one lonely comic in there, so no thanks Bro!!"

lol Sorry m'man, I can't help it, I'm laughin' atcha! One comic? Are you kidding? Try more like ... FIVE COMICS!!! I know, you're racing back up to that first enticing post looking for the other four...well guess what, you're looking in the wrong place 'cuz THEY'RE RIGHT HERE. :headbang:

That's right, throw up the :takeit: on this pretty Atom 1 and you get the following freebies:

Hawkman 8

ztm1.jpg

Batman 212

3co7.jpg

Heroes Inc. Presents Cannon 1

0rp3.jpg

80 Page Giant 8

1a4j.jpg

There's a crease on the lower left corner of the back cover that's been minimized in some way.

You sure that piece wasn't ripped off and then attached back on?

BTW, crazy price on those books.

Beats me, coulda been. It looks like a crease, but it's a crazy mixed up world we're living in...you never know what you're looking at. lol

That Hero's Inc. book is sick looking! A Silver-Age book in such high grade must cost $50 at least :baiting::devil: I love putting those into peoples orders from E-Bay and hearing the blown away responses.

That Hero's Inc. book is sick looking! A Silver-Age book in such high grade must cost $50 at least :baiting::devil: I love putting those into peoples orders from E-Bay and hearing the blown away responses.

What's funnier is when they immediately list it for $500 on eBay.