• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #2.....No Love??

64 posts in this topic

With this book being a Marvel 10 center and first appearance of the Skrulls not to mention a great yellow cover and top 20 silver age book why can it still be found for what seems to be a "bargain" price (comapratively) to other silver age keys?

The Fantastic Four's day in the sun has come and gone...... they are the Star Spangled Comics of the SA...... and I LOVE the FF..... and it pains me to see their fall from grace. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. The pin up of the Thing in ish # 2 is :cloud9:

The Fantastic Four's day in the sun has come and gone...... they are the Star Spangled Comics of the SA...... and I LOVE the FF..... and it pains me to see their fall from grace.

I dunno, Jim, but I think you're being a little too gloomy. Is the Fantastic Four really that passé? There seems to be renewed demand for #s 52, 45, maybe 65. 1, 4, 5, (and lately) 12 are blue chips, and 48 is the gateway drug for all Silver collectors.

I say Kirby FF still moves the needle! :sumo:

The Fantastic Four's day in the sun has come and gone...... they are the Star Spangled Comics of the SA...... and I LOVE the FF..... and it pains me to see their fall from grace. GOD BLESS....

P.S. The pin up of the Thing in ish # 2 is :cloud9:

here you go Jimbo from my copy ;)

95509922-3B5C-4F35-8DF9-02B63CEDA0B1_zpsbxrbuiin.jpg

.... on a positive note..... the splash of Thing swimming toward the off shore oil well is one of my favorites of the whole run. The Thing was SO cool looking in those first two issues.... GOD BLESS...

I love the book but it must have one of the worst covers of the "Marvel Age" - clearly rushed...

WHAT!?!?!?

I absolutely love this book and love the cover. Seriously... One of my favourites!