• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spidey-man omnibus or digital???

29 posts in this topic

I prefer the tactile sensation and pages that don't glow, but it seems if you don't mind digital, then that is the way to go. I'd say it was a generational thing, but my 82 year old Dad reads books on his freaking Iphone.

Just read Amazing #1, Superior #1, and Ultimate #1... Pretty cool... Is the comixology site any good???

If you buy the individual issues you are spending a LOT of money.

For the price of a video game you can buy access to everything for a year through unlimited.

Just read Amazing #1, Superior #1, and Ultimate #1... Pretty cool... Is the comixology site any good???

If you buy the individual issues you are spending a LOT of money.

For the price of a video game you can buy access to everything for a year through unlimited.

Yeah, I just read the FREE book offers...:) if I do the MU thing, I will definitely buy a membership...

I'm a big fan of digital. ComiXology is great for reading digital books, but for your project, subscribing to Marvel Unlimited would be a lot cheaper than "buying" the books at comiXology. Use comiXology for the independents, DC, Marvel sales on stuff that you know you will always want to re-read.

I'm a big fan of digital. ComiXology is great for reading digital books, but for your project, subscribing to Marvel Unlimited would be a lot cheaper than "buying" the books at comiXology. Use comiXology for the independents, DC, Marvel sales on stuff that you know you will always want to re-read.

Great advice!!! Thanks!!!

If you have hundreds of dollars, the space to store them and a young back to carry them: buy the omnibuses. 10-15 omnibuses at $15 each (includes shipping) will be $150-225 if you can find good deals (prices can get closer to $30 each).

If you want to not spend a fortune, don't live in a house with an extra 1,000 square feet of storage area or don't want long-term back problems: subscribe to Marvel unlimited. 1 year subscription is $70.

I too much prefer a a physical book to a digital read, but it is impractical if you are looking to read hundreds of books. Also, to some degree, it is important to support the hobby by purchasing materials directly from Marvel versus third or fourth hand books (i.e. the cheap ones). This helps ensure the future of comics.

If you have hundreds of dollars, the space to store them and a young back to carry them: buy the omnibuses. 10-15 omnibuses at $15 each (includes shipping) will be $150-225 if you can find good deals (prices can get closer to $30 each).

If you want to not spend a fortune, don't live in a house with an extra 1,000 square feet of storage area or don't want long-term back problems: subscribe to Marvel unlimited. 1 year subscription is $70.

I too much prefer a a physical book to a digital read, but it is impractical if you are looking to read hundreds of books. Also, to some degree, it is important to support the hobby by purchasing materials directly from Marvel versus third or fourth hand books (i.e. the cheap ones). This helps ensure the future of comics.

There's only two Spidey omnibuses so far anyway... Not including the mcfarlane version...

There's only two Spidey omnibuses so far anyway... Not including the mcfarlane version...

Whatever, I was thinking trades.

Regardless the two omnibuses out are $50 plus each or more not counting shipping.

Either way that is more than Marvel unlimited.