• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Book removed from bound collection - Green or Blue?

25 posts in this topic

I agree but many many here don't. It is why the Green label is so reviled.

I agree with buying the book not the grade. But if you later want to re-sell it, whether it's green or blue can be important.

I agree with buying the book not the grade. But if you later want to re-sell it, whether it's green or blue can be important.

That is too true and has been an ongoing discussion for some years. Some say the color of the label itself impacts the prices more than the reality of the book. (I am in that camp).

That is too true and has been an ongoing discussion for some years. Some say the color of the label itself impacts the prices more than the reality of the book. (I am in that camp).

I agree that the color impacts the later resale value...and I'm glad some can admit that someday we hope to resell our treasures.

I hate when I get lambasted for making comments on book value from the "I buy them for the enjoyment and not for the value" crowd. We can have it both ways!

I agree that the color impacts the later resale value...and I'm glad some can admit that someday we hope to resell our treasures.

I hate when I get lambasted for making comments on book value from the "I buy them for the enjoyment and not for the value" crowd. We can have it both ways!

Exactly. My view is enjoy it while I have it. And when my interests change and I want a different book more than what I have, I want to be able to maximize the value.