• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everything else THANOS!

139 posts in this topic

A book that I always consider part of the Starlin/Thanos/Death triangle is Star Reach #1 which has a story about the origin of Death, as well as another story where Starlin drops acid and takes on Death herself. Not part of the Marvel universe, but considering how Starlin wrote it, drew it and stars in it, I think it is an overlooked gem.

Sorry. I have my original first printing, bought back in 1974 but no others.

The book itself has several printings and is also reprinted in Star Reach Classics from the late 1980s.

The original is in B&W. the Eclipse reprints might be color. I honestly don't remember.

A book that I always consider part of the Starlin/Thanos/Death triangle is Star Reach #1 which has a story about the origin of Death, as well as another story where Starlin drops acid and takes on Death herself. Not part of the Marvel universe, but considering how Starlin wrote it, drew it and stars in it, I think it is an overlooked gem.
I picked this up a couple of years ago and I was floored by exactly the scene you described. Great magazine.

Sorry. I have my original first printing, bought back in 1974 but no others.

The book itself has several printings and is also reprinted in Star Reach Classics from the late 1980s.

The original is in B&W. the Eclipse reprints might be color. I honestly don't remember.

thanks,im on the lookout.

I have a nice NM copy

FC

starreach1fc_zps8a289e21.jpg

BC

starreach1bc-Copy_zps2daaf007.jpg

Pretty sure that's a first print.

75 cents was a lot for a comic back then. At the same show I brought mine, I got a Captain America 100 for a buck and a copy of Marvel Tales for 2. I was surprised the dealer sold it to me as I was about 15 and it was only a year or two after Phil Seuling got arrested for selling selling an underground comic to a teenager, the very act that created the Direct Market.

Pretty sure that's a first print.

75 cents was a lot for a comic back then. At the same show I brought mine, I got a Captain America 100 for a buck and a copy of Marvel Tales for 2. I was surprised the dealer sold it to me as I was about 15 and it was only a year or two after Phil Seuling got arrested for selling selling an underground comic to a teenager, the very act that created the Direct Market.

I was able to get a copy when I was 10 (summer 1978)...it cost me $1.25...the owner of the LCS I worked after school and weekends at made me bring my mom in to buy it. She never saw the BC luckily...I wanted it for the BC. I was and still am a Starlin fan...funny thing, never read it back then, and haven't read this copy. Just bagged and boarded it and stored it away. I remember when I bought it because I had also bought my first FF 48 the same day...memories :cloud9: