• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 57

12 posts in this topic

I recently acquired this book and I have a question on it. So there's a weird scuffing toward the top of his cape about a 1/2" to the right of the 57 in the black of his cape. It looks like a 1/16" x 1/16" spot in the scuff was hit with a sharpie. Would that constitute restoration if I sent it in to CGC? The only other defect is a 3/16" tear toward the top of the ! on the right side at the top part of the cloud.

Otherwise this book is super clean.

qwlf.jpg

ctar.jpg

I'm going with a sharp looking Apparent SA 8.0 in a purple slab…"slight color touch"

That stinks! So even the smallest 1/16" x 1/16" sharpie mark constitutes resto? Guess this book will not be going into CGC. :(

So how bad does this effect the value of this book?

Thanks!

I'm going with a sharp looking Apparent SA 8.0 in a purple slab…"slight color touch"

That stinks! So even the smallest 1/16" x 1/16" sharpie mark constitutes resto? Guess this book will not be going into CGC. :(

So how bad does this effect the value of this book?

Thanks!

Generally, it's about 1/2 the value of the blue label in the same grade.

That stinks! So even the smallest 1/16" x 1/16" sharpie mark constitutes resto?

Lots of books in purple cases with just a small dot of color touch noted.

I've got an idea for the OP, have Stan Lee sign it, seriously.

Do you think that will take care of the resto bob?

In some cases it has. I had a few books signed over some color touch and some received a yellow label. In this case the books owner would have to have whoever signs it sign right over the area of restoration with the same color sharpie. In this case it would have to be black. If it were silver...the book would most likely still get a PLOD.

I remember dropping a red, ball point pen on a comic while scanning it before shipment to CGC. It struck a white section of the cover and somehow it actually had slightly more than a 'dot', more like a 1/16th of an inch start of a line. I called CGC to ask if it would be considered resto and they said it would depend on the location. If it looked like the intent was to cover something up it would be resto. Anyway, I got a blue label. After that I stopped scanning before submitting, not worth the risk !